Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2021 CX 5 GT - Couple of questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2022, 08:34 AM
Default New 2021 CX 5 GT - Couple of questions

Hi all. Just got a 2021 CX5 GT and have a couple of questions (sanity check) please. When using the remote start from the phone app, is there a way to set the temp in the car? Doesn't seem like it.

The other question is around the auto high beam feature (when enabled). I can't find a way to turn on (or off) high beam (manually) if/when the auto high beam feature is enabled? I'd be surprised this is how it was designed? For example, high beam during heavy snow is bad but I could see the system turning it on if no other cars are around.

A few days in and we are very impressed with the car.

Old 01-07-2022, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by jkeck
Hi all. Just got a 2021 CX5 GT and have a couple of questions (sanity check) please. When using the remote start from the phone app, is there a way to set the temp in the car? Doesn't seem like it.
2021 CX-5 Owner's Manuals @ MazdaUSA.com

According to the Connected Vehicle Owners Manual v1 (p.43):

Remote Engine Start (Except manual transmission vehicle)
Start the engine using the Remote Control.
Press and hold[START]. When the engine starts, the temperature of the climate control is
kept at the same temperature as when the engine was last turned off.

Old 01-07-2022, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by jkeck

The other question is around the auto high beam feature (when enabled). I can't find a way to turn on (or off) high beam (manually) if/when the auto high beam feature is enabled? I'd be surprised this is how it was designed? For example, high beam during heavy snow is bad but I could see the system turning it on if no other cars are around.

A few days in and we are very impressed with the car.
Without running out to check, I think you just put the light staik on the low beam position. I can't respond to remote start issue, I've never used it.

Old 01-07-2022, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Chris!
Without running out to check, I think you just put the light stalk on the low beam position. I can't respond to remote start issue, I've never used it.
This. The auto feature is enabled when the stalk is pushed forward and off when pulled back.

Old 01-08-2022, 07:36 AM

Thanks much.