Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Questions about high beams when engine turns off and auto lock cancel

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2021, 06:40 AM
Default Questions about high beams when engine turns off and auto lock cancel

I have a couple questions...
2021 CX-5 GTR

First is, can I turn off the feature where the high beams automatically turn on when I turn off the engine? (I want to keep auto high beams enabled)

Second is, what cancels auto door locking? Sometimes it randomly won't auto lock the doors when I walk away.
Related to that, opening the cargo gate before getting out of the car also seems to cancel auto door locking, is there a way to have it auto lock the doors when you close the gate and walk away?

I'm loving this CX-5, but these two things are driving me crazy.

Old 06-26-2021, 07:03 AM
BWJ

Coming home can be disabled in HMI menu, when you close the gate, use the bottom to the right on gate to lock alle doors.
For autolock, be sure that you are the last person who leaves the car, if a passenger is too slow and you already are gone, it wont auto lock.

Last edited by BWJ; 06-26-2021 at 07:05 AM.
Old 06-27-2021, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by BWJ
Coming home can be disabled in HMI menu, when you close the gate, use the bottom to the right on gate to lock alle doors.
For autolock, be sure that you are the last person who leaves the car, if a passenger is too slow and you already are gone, it wont auto lock.
-Did some tests and the coming home setting doesn't effect the high beams from coming on when I turn off the engine. I think it was something I changed on the steering column, but can't seem to find a way to turn it off. I'm almost positive the high beams didn't used to turn on when I turned off the engine the first week or so of having the car.

when you close the gate, use the bottom to the right on gate to lock alle doors.
I always use the button on the gate to shut it, and it never locks the doors when I close it and walk away.

It's just me, I very rarely have passengers and it randomly stops working. There must be different scenarios that cause it to stop working.