Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Navigation Card From 2019 to 2020 Model

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2020, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by officerstyles
there is a new September Maps Update. Please update your Navigation maps
Thanks for the heads up, indeed there is a September 2020 update when you check here: https://infotainment.mazdahandsfree....language=en-US

This might be the last free update for us since our three year period is ending at the end of January 2021.

Old 09-22-2020, 08:46 AM

did you notice any new features added to the new update? i've read there are mazdas that has turn by turn voice navigation. i wonder if that was added to the new september update

Old 09-24-2020, 04:30 PM

chickdr19 Great, thank you. I just ordered one... and hope it works!

Old 02-22-2021, 09:39 AM

you can buy the maps sd card from Amazon 1 day or 2 day shipping . if it doesn't work you can return it.. that's the great thing about amazon

Old 02-22-2021, 11:11 AM

Just remember that it takes 20 miles or so before the nav kicks in.

My 2¢

Old 02-22-2021, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by mazda_nc_dude
Thanks for the heads up, indeed there is a September 2020 update when you check here: https://infotainment.mazdahandsfree....language=en-US

This might be the last free update for us since our three year period is ending at the end of January 2021.
Mine expires this year too. I think what I will do after this expires is buy a new card that has the current update instead of paying for the expensive membership. Haven't seen a work around it yet.

Old 02-22-2021, 04:59 PM

What the hell is this about the nav card "expiring"?? Here in the US we just update our own nav card online, there is NO "expiration. Just stick the card in your computer, go the site and download the new maps.

Old 02-22-2021, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Litehiker
What the hell is this about the nav card "expiring"?? Here in the US we just update our own nav card online, there is NO "expiration. Just stick the card in your computer, go the site and download the new maps.
Perhaps 'outdated' would be a better term. In the majority of casers, even an old nav system will get you
were you want to go. Roads don't change much.
My old GMC was 9+ years old with no updates and I didn't have any problems.
'course, I stick to main roads and highways.

My 2¢

Old 02-22-2021, 05:07 PM

When you put the nav card in the computer it says expiring in... It only gives you 3 years after you first input an sd card into your car. I even tried buying a new card thinking it will reset itself and signed up with a diff email address and it still goes off of your cars vin

Old 02-22-2021, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by officerstyles
When you put the nav card in the computer it says expiring in... It only gives you 3 years after you first input an sd card into your car. I even tried buying a new card thinking it will reset itself and signed up with a diff email address and it still goes off of your cars vin
The card itself does not expire, only your update subscription expires. You can use the card as long as you want, you just cannot update it anymore.

This is the case with my current card which has the September 2020 update but when I try to update it with the February 2021 update, the Mazda Toolbox took me to a purchase site where I do have an option to either buy a single update for $85 or to subscribe for another three years for $135. In my case, I just ignored that buying option, took my card out of my PC and put it back into my car and the Nav is still functioning although I am passed the three year subscription.

Quick Reply: Navigation Card From 2019 to 2020 Model