Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Navigation Card From 2019 to 2020 Model

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2020, 09:38 AM
Default Navigation Card From 2019 to 2020 Model

Hello - My parents recently purchased a 2020 GT w/premium. It seems that navigation is not included standard in the 2020 models while my 2019 GT premium had it from the factory. Does anybody know if my factory navigation card work in their 2020 model?
Thank you!

Old 01-27-2020, 09:55 AM

I think once it is inserted in your car, it is tied to your VIN and will not work in other cars.

Old 01-28-2020, 05:26 AM
Super Moderator

They do Vin lock after a short distance of driving.

Old 01-28-2020, 05:47 AM

There should be SD cards available on Amazon for a reasonable cost.

I am amazed that Mazda doesn’t include it in all but the lowest trim levels.

Old 01-29-2020, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Mlerms
Hello - My parents recently purchased a 2020 GT w/premium. It seems that navigation is not included standard in the 2020 models while my 2019 GT premium had it from the factory. Does anybody know if my factory navigation card work in their 2020 model?
Thank you!
Was navigation included with the purchase of the new CX? If is was then there should be a Nav card, if not, then not.

No, the card that has been locked to another VIN will not work with another car. You'll need to buy a card for the new CX.

Old 06-30-2020, 05:48 PM

Your card will not work in their CX-5. Order a SD card from Amazon UCMM Mazda BHP1 66EZ1K or L will work just fine in a 2020CX-5. It works very well in my CX-5 GT. I get all the traffic info and speed limits. It was $50.

The VIN will lock the card after a few miles.

Old 07-08-2020, 05:51 PM

SO if your CX 5 did not come with a Nav. SD card and you buy a good one with gold plate electrodes (camera quality) then how do you get it programmed? And is there a fee?

Eric B.

Old 07-08-2020, 07:06 PM

Amazon has a Mazda part SD card that is already programmed. I bought the BHP1 66EZ1K SD card and slipped it into the CX-5 nav slot. The card was $49. It worked as soon as I powered on the car. I have 2020 CX-5 GT. The car had the nav slot but no SD Card. The car writes it’s serial number into the SD card after a few miles, so you can not use the SD card on another Mazda.

Navigation cues popped up immediately after I turned on the car. Speed limit notices popped up. Red line on speedo for speed limit, camera warnings on red lights. Navigation system picked up on my location immediately. It is just beautiful.

Amazon now has a newer SD card. It ends with L. It should work as well.

Old 07-10-2020, 12:07 AM

I bought an SD map card that will work on Mazda CX9 2016 t0 2020. New, never used. I'll ship it to you for $55, kenlbear@msn.com. Cannot be swapped between vehicles - it is keyed to the first car it is installed in after it is used a bit.

Old 07-12-2020, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Litehiker
SO if your CX 5 did not come with a Nav. SD card and you buy a good one with gold plate electrodes (camera quality) then how do you get it programmed? And is there a fee?

Eric B.
The color of the contacts on the SD card is irrelevant (although it seems that better quality SD cards do use gold plated contacts). If your CX has a slot for an SD card then you can purchase a card from the dealer or from another source such as Amazon or Ebay.

My CX came with a card but my MX did not. I purchased this one from Amazon. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 for the MX. The first card sent was defective and the seller shipped another that worked perfectly.

Once the SD card is mated to your car (you have to drive a certain number of miles in the car with the card inserted, 10 miles maybe?) you can then remove the card from the car and insert it into a computer that has the Mazda Toolbox installed. Now the SD card can be updated to the latest release of the maps. You will have three updates available within three years, two after the initial update.

YMMV

Quick Reply: Navigation Card From 2019 to 2020 Model