Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Nav Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2020, 05:15 PM
Default Nav Issue

Recently I have had this message pop up (See Photo). In the past I removed the memory card and put it back in and the Navigation System would begin to work normally again. No luck today, I can't get the maps to come up at all. Has anyone else experienced this?

Old 09-09-2020, 07:59 PM

I had it happen once a few years back. I parked, took out and reinstalled the SD card and restarted the car. Never happened again.

Sounds like a bad card or a bad card reader. I would take it to a dealer.

Old 09-09-2020, 09:14 PM

I had a card go bad. Luckily, I had done a backup of it and installed that on a new card which has worked well ever since, even though it has twice the capacity of the original card.

Old 09-10-2020, 08:42 AM

It has happened before and "cured" itself by turning of the car,removing and replacing the card. but this time no. I did an map update a month back, I seem to recall doing a backup at the time, I'll check it out. If not, I'll visit the dealer. Thanks, folks!

Old 09-10-2020, 09:10 AM

I don't know how many times I have to say this, and I don't know why I even bother.

Get some safe for plastic electrical contact cleaner. With the car off eject the SD card, apply a small amount of contact cleaner to the card's contacts, both front and rear. Still with the car off, insert the card and eject it. Do this a few times so that the contact cleaner from the card gets transferred to the contacts inside of the card reader. Now leave the card inserted and start the car.

YMMV

Old 09-10-2020, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Conrad 16.5
I don't know how many times I have to say this, and I don't know why I even bother.

Get some safe for plastic electrical contact cleaner. With the car off eject the SD card, apply a small amount of contact cleaner to the card's contacts, both front and rear. Still with the car off, insert the card and eject it. Do this a few times so that the contact cleaner from the card gets transferred to the contacts inside of the card reader. Now leave the card inserted and start the car.

YMMV
Keep saying it, because you are correct!
Actually, I remembered I bought some contact cleaner for another purpose and tried it out before seeing your response. It did the trick. This will be my go to solution if the problem comes up again.
Remember too, I never had this issue before and didn't think about searching the archives, so I hadn't seen your advice.