Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mazda vs Camry

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by paris1
I do and am anxiously awaiting the intro (tomorrow!) of the next-gen Mazda 3 hatch so I can decide between it, the Civic hatch and the Hyundai Elantra GT Sport N-line. I've driven a CX-5 for 6 years now and, while I don't regret choosing it over other crossovers, I'm done with the whole SUV thing with it's unaturally high ride height and ground clearance. I actually lowered mine 1.5" to give it a more "planted look" and to make it feel a little more car-like. Don't assume everyone thinks like you do. The sedan/car portion of the American market is still 33%!
Au contraire, I learned one thing in the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps; don't assume anything. You are being condescending implying that I believe that. Thanks for you for your input.

Old 11-27-2018, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by nickndfl
I had both and the Camry requires more maintenance. The CX-5 is cheaper to own and performs great. The suspension is stiffer, but you ride higher. Who wants a sedan anymore?

Just an example. When I purchased my V6 Honda Accord it had additional maintenance that was not required in the 4-cylinder Honda Accord.. the timing belt and water pump was part of the maintenance that was required in the Honda Accord I think at 60000 Miles I can't remember exactly. But that was not required in the 4-cylinder model and not required in any other car that I've owned with such low mileage... that's just one type of example of maintenance that people might not be aware of when purchasing a vehicle

Old 11-27-2018, 11:38 AM

I've owned 3 Toyotas in the past, am on my second Mazda CX5, I consider Mazda to be a poor man's Toyota, will probably go back to a Toyota next time.

Old 11-27-2018, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by nickndfl
... Who wants a sedan anymore?
I do as well. While I understand the appeal of the SUV, the Minivan and the Station Wagon that were popular in their days as well, I prefer the drive of a car. My preference would be for a coupe over a sedan. I prefer the handling of a small car over the larger options that are popular today.

Again, I understand the appeal, but I will be driving a small car as long as they are available.

As for the original question: If you are considering a Camry, you should also look at the Mazda 6 with the Turbo.

Old 11-28-2018, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Arkainzeye
Just an example. When I purchased my V6 Honda Accord it had additional maintenance that was not required in the 4-cylinder Honda Accord.. the timing belt and water pump was part of the maintenance that was required in the Honda Accord I think at 60000 Miles I can't remember exactly. But that was not required in the 4-cylinder model and not required in any other car that I've owned with such low mileage... that's just one type of example of maintenance that people might not be aware of when purchasing a vehicle
Straight from the 'horse's mouth' (2018 Camry Manual); Powertrain Warranty This warranty covers repairs needed to correct defects in materials or workmanship of any component listed below and in the next column and supplied by Toyota, subject to the exceptions indicated under “What Is Not Covered” on pages 14-15. Coverage is for 60 months or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Engine Cylinder block and head and all internal parts, timing gears and gaskets, timing chain/belt and cover, flywheel, valve covers, oil pan, oil pump, engine mounts, turbocharger housing and all internal parts, supercharger housing and all internal parts, engine control computer, water pump, fuel pump, seals and gaskets.
My current truck is a 2010 Nissan Frontier with 23,000 miles. My previous Toyota Tacoma was a 2002 with 29,000 miles when traded for the Frontier, therefore I an not too concerned with timing chains on the Camry.

Old 11-29-2018, 04:39 PM

With so few miles you should lease instead of purchase.