Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
View Poll Results: Do you believe in lifetime no maintenance on transmission
No
64.00%
Yes
0%
Maybe
12.00%
Needs periodic maintenance
32.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Mazda CX5 transmission service

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2022, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by reubenvabner
Callisto: Thank you for your time and wisdom in your response.
The adapter for a full flush is discussed elsewhere on this forum, you indicated. Thank you again. And for the pic of the inline filter with my name.

Reuben
Sorry I don't remember which thread it was on but here are some of the pictures I posted. The "BLACK" adapter is one I made, and the other pictures are the adapter to perform a Professional Fluid Service on a Mazda Skyactiv Transmision.

Old 01-30-2022, 11:35 AM

Thank you. Correct me if I am wrong: the stock trans cooler (which has coolant circulating through it) stays in place, the adaptor plate is next to the round trans cooler (as in your picture) and can be used to a trans flush, and also lead to a second external trans cooler where the trans fluid itself circulates through (and also can have a spin on filter attached).

Is that correct? Or are you actually moving the round trans cooler to a different location?

Thank you.

Old 01-30-2022, 12:35 PM

Thank you. Correct me if I am wrong: the stock trans cooler (which has coolant circulating through it) stays in place, the adaptor plate is next to the round trans cooler (as in your picture) and can be used to a trans flush, and also lead to a second external trans cooler where the trans fluid itself circulates through (and also can have a spin on filter attached).

Is that correct? Or are you actually moving the round trans cooler to a different location?

Thank you.
Here is the cropped version of explanation in the 2nd picture

Old 01-30-2022, 12:49 PM

trans cooler ....., the adaptor plate ........ external trans cooler ......spin on filter ......

...... trans cooler to a different location?

Thank you.
Post #191 starts the project...I have not yet completed it however.
Mazda3 Things I like to do - Page 20 - Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Here are the basic parts I have machined or acquired for the project. I may still make some more changes as I get closer to the actual installation. I have not yet finalized exactly how I will be controlling the fan yet either nor have I started the relay and switch harness for it. I did swap out the original intended cooler for this one in the picture. The Transmission inline filter adapter can be used with many brands and type of spin on filters.

All parts are only lightly placed for the pictures. There respective type and location may change during the installation. The hose in the picture is not high Pressure hose and will be
changed out for High Pressure hose for the installation

Old 01-30-2022, 01:05 PM

Thank you very much!

Old 01-30-2022, 03:48 PM

Hi,
What diameter tubing did you use to put fluid into the fill hole at the top of the transmission? Also how long must the tubing/funnel be?

Old 01-30-2022, 05:17 PM

I have always used a funnel about 24 inches long for such purposes. You need a rather thin diameter end. Sorry I don't know offhand. This refers to taking out the air cleaner assembly which
I believe comes out very easily, removing the dipstick and filling through that opening.

Old 01-30-2022, 05:55 PM

I use 2 long funnels. push it into the dipstick hole tightly and fill the fluid and carefully remove the funnel with a paper towel at the end so as not to cause drips.
the funnels are from the Dollar store (now dollar 25 store )

Old 01-31-2022, 11:10 AM

Two cheap funnels back to back. Why didn't I think of that!

Thanks

Old 01-31-2022, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by paulbert
Two cheap funnels back to back. Why didn't I think of that!

Thanks

Quick Reply: Mazda CX5 transmission service