Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mazda cx5 eps invalid data received from image processing module

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2023, 02:14 PM
Default mazda cx5 (2015) eps invalid data received from image processing module

Try as I may I can't clear the code U053B:820A which apparently is something to do with the EPS. Anyone able to shed light on what the problem may be? There are other codes that clear without issue although they keep coming back which I presume is linked to this 1. It's an absolute mystery as the system appears to be working normally. Apart from the auto high beam function.

Last edited by MJ81; 02-06-2023 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Missing Information
Old 02-06-2023, 02:35 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Well, the first advice is to use a true scanning (professional) device directly connected to the OBDII Diagnostic connector.
After you have done that re-check for DTC also go into pending DTC which many blue tooth devices will not allow. Then go to the monitors and note their state of readiness. Nots everything you find than completely clear ll history in all files and cycle engine at least one time and then recheck using the same process.

Old 02-06-2023, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Welcome to the forum.

Well, the first advice is to use a true scanning (professional) device directly connected to the OBDII Diagnostic connector.
After you have done that re-check for DTC also go into pending DTC which many blue tooth devices will not allow. Then go to the monitors and note their state of readiness. Nots everything you find than completely clear ll history in all files and cycle engine at least one time and then recheck using the same process.
Thanks for this. I'll look into purchasing a more in depth OBD reader.

Old 02-06-2023, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by MJ81
Thanks for this. I'll look into purchasing a more in depth OBD reader.
Those that work well run several hundred dollars. Unfortunately, there are so many BS and junk out there that access the OBDII and CAN-bus via blue tooth and even directly connected unless you plan on doing more future Diagnostic work it may be better to simply have a service shop dp the scanning?
You may invest in what you think will work and then find you are right back here with asking the same information?

I invested in a NEW Solus about 2 years ago and it was 600 USD plus I get all the latest update and software for the next 2 more years.
ASE

Old 02-07-2023, 02:38 PM

Sounds like it could be some kind a bad/loose sensor code . It could very well be a bad /corroded, loose connection somewhere. It is going to be cheaper to get a real Mazda tech with the proper tools and experience to diagnose and fix it. A good scan tool is a must, but even than you may not have the ability to track it down and fix it .

Last edited by THE CHIEF; 02-07-2023 at 02:40 PM.
Old 09-27-2023, 02:30 AM

My CX5 is also showing the same vehicle error code. Did you manage to resolve and fix your car