Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mazda CX-5 and caravan

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 09:46 AM
Default Mazda CX-5 and caravan

Sinds June 29th I have my new Mazda CX-5. Generally my expectations and my experiences were in line, until I left for holidays on July 7th with my caravan: 1200kgs shaftload and approx 90 kgs on the hook.
2 weeks later I have experienced 2x empty battery, 1st battery replaced in french Mazda repairworkshop, and many signs of insufficiënt charging of battery (even with refrigerator of caravan switched-off). Another french Mazda repairworkshop charged the battery for 24h, situation seemed OK. Unfortunately the "poor charging" situation occurred again on the next day (without caravan).
After charging the battery from the network again by myself, I checked and the situation looks OK now. At least I can understand both repairshops now for their statement "problem solved". Nevertheless, I still have my doubts about the charging-system.
Is there anyone else with same kind of problems ? I think Mazda's service Helpdesk and European Support did a good job so far, bit I'd like to get some more feedback from CX-5 users facing similar problems or having ideas about what could cause such problems.

Old 08-18-2012, 07:15 AM
Angry Problems recognised

Direct supply (not through contact-switch) to the caravan-socket is not measured by the motor-management, so no correct info is given to the alternator.
The consequence of that is that the battery is discharged continuously with the consumption of the caravan's refrigerator, so after a few hours it will be empty.
With many thanks to 'non-Mazda'-garage !