Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maintenance Schedule / Oil Change

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by mazdaCPA
Another concern is: did you get the oil change you paid for. I trusted a mechanic to do an oil change that I suspect they never did. Before the next oil change I checked the oil level and found it to be lower than I had ever seen and darker than I had ever seen. When I brought it to their attention, they quickly agreed to not charge me for the service. (I suspect they knew they had a problem with an employee.)

Extending the interval increases the impact of a lower quality oil change or one that was never done.

I heard of an older couple that apparently never got the oil changes they paid for with the expected end results.
This is very common, some times filter not changed, oil over fill.
I saw video from dash cam, mercedes amg owner brought his car for transmission oil change.
They didn't even look at order, two technicians took the car and wend for ice cream, brought car back, made a few loops around and pass $700 bill to the owner.

Owners have no visibility in most cases what happening to theirs cars in the shop, and tech is not responsible for anything.
I believe its time to as for web cams in each bay.

Old 06-21-2018, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by shipo
Sorry, but over the years cars have gotten far more reliable and far more capable of lasting hundreds or thousands of miles with minimal maintenance; never before in history has that been more true than now.
I will be happy to be wrong, I want my car last long time.