Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intermittent Electrical Problems (2014 CX5 Touring with SkyActiv)

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 03:47 PM
Question Intermittent Electrical Problems (2014 CX5 Touring with SkyActiv)

Looking for help with recent intermittent electrical problems. Mazda dealer says it cannot replicate the problems, so there is no problem. Here is what has occurred over the last two weeks. I have approximately 3,000 miles on the car and have had it for 3 months.

1. On several occasions while car is on and in park (key in vehicle), "Key Not Found" displays and then a minute later the car shuts off. The worst occasion occurred while actually driving 80mph on the freeway. Thankfully I was able to pull over before it shut down. Shut it off myself, restarted and all was fine until the next problem started (BSM issue).

2. BSM turned off and on by itself. Using manual button did nothing - it was unresponsive until finally it turned itself on again and stayed on.

3. While using bluetooth, audio turned itself off and on multiple times - this is not a call drop, but the actual audio system turning itself off and on so that the touchscreen displays "Audio Off." According to Mazda, it must be my phone because apparently my phone has become powerful enough to physicall turn the vehicle's audio off and on. They don't seem to understand the difference between bluetooth dropping and the system's audio turning off.

4. Entire display system froze and audio turned off while in a settings menu. System responded to no button pushing (Audio, NAV, Phone) and was fine after shutting down and restarting.

Any thoughts, prior experiences with this, or potential solutions would be appreciated. I love my new car but this is a little upsetting.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:08 PM

Sounds like you've got some fairly serious electrical gremlins there. I would try another dealer service dept and don't be afraid to get Mazda US involved. You can find their number on the web site.

Old 08-11-2014, 10:40 AM

It does sound computer related. Are they willing to reflash the chip?