Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Infotainment update. Tracks doesn't played by continuing them

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2020, 11:47 PM
Default Infotainment update. Tracks doesn't played by continuing them

Hi All,

I have just bought a CX5, 2015 and would be nive to get some help about infotainment
I have two questions related to infotainment.
1. The car was imported from the USA. Is that possible to update the software to a European one? I mean to do it at home by flashing it with official software.
2. Strange behaviour of playing audio tracks. Using USB to listen to my tracks. Once the car/infotainment is offline, during the next start it sometimes continues the tracks where it finished before, sometimes not. What can cause it? Should it be something setting under the hood of infotainment?

Thank you in advance,
Attila

Old 09-08-2020, 02:52 PM

1. Theoretically I assume you should be able to update the firmware of the infotainment system to a European version. Do you want to do this just for the language or navigation? Just curious.

2. This might be related to the "stability" of your USB drive. I had some similar issue, once I inserted a newer better quality USB drive, the problem went away. You might want to try that.

Best of luck.

Old 09-10-2020, 03:48 AM

Hi!

First of all, appreciate your quick response.
1. the reason is the US radio standard differs from European one and it causes difficulties setting all the radio bands I would like to listen to. Is there any official Mazda service/support, where Infotainment SW can be downloaded based on chassis number or any other identifier?
2. Good idea, I am going to give try, hopefully it sorts out the issue.

Best regards