Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Infotainment - no spoken instructions/warnings

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 05:53 AM

After finding that another 2015 CX5 Maxx Sport owner had the same problem which was fixed by replacing the 'voice module' I contacted the service manager telling him and also the dealer service department name which did it asking why they weren't doing that with my car. He replied that he forwarded my email to Mazda. I replied saying that I had no confidence that it wouldn't end up in a large abyss or too hard basket and that no other company would make a customer wait 4 months to get something fixed. That was 2 days ago.
To cut a long story short I had a phone call from Mazda today advising that a software/firmware upgrade to fix the problem would be released at the end of this month. I wondered why it won't be release before that as surely if they have fixed the problem why not roll it out now. Anyway I will be patient for another 3 weeks. So help me if it doesn't fix it I will be demanding a infotainment system replacement or I WILL take it to the Dept of Fair Trading.

Last edited by jgplarnold; 04-05-2017 at 05:54 AM. Reason: correction
Old 04-05-2017, 01:49 PM

Good luck and I'm so sorry this has been a pain in the *ss for you.

Old 04-06-2017, 12:03 AM

I experienced this for the first time yesterday. I first thought I had the voice guidance volume down but that was not the case. I restarted the car and voice guidance came back to normal. I just bought a 2016.5 about 2 weeks ago too. I hope Mazda finds an answer to this.Will keep an eye on this thread.

Old 04-06-2017, 01:34 AM

Sorry to find that you are also experiencing this really annoying problem (some 'experts' call it just a nuisance but it is more than that).
I had a call from Mazda to inform me that (after 4 months) they have a modification for the infotainment system which they expect will fix the problem.
Please NOTE that I was led to believe the problem only affects CX5 cars sold in Australia so the fix may not apply to cars sold in USA.
Your CX5 should still be under the original 3 year warranty so take it to a Mazda service centre, explain the problem, tell them that you know of others (in Australia) with the same problem and that you have been told there is a fix - NOTE that according to Mazda this will not be available until end of April so wait until early May.
Let us all know what happens.