Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Has Anyone Tried Using a Pedal Commander on their CX-5?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2023, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by RonBeck
I have '19 GTR Turbo and it works better than I expected. Good Investment!
So we all understand the term "good investment" this would mean that this product can be used in more then one vehicle.

As for the expectation as posted earlier keep in mind that this device does not change any ECU PID that could alter the power output of the engine.

Old 06-12-2023, 11:26 AM

Who cares? Feels so much better. Can be used in other Vehicles.

Old 06-12-2023, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by RonBeck
Who cares? Feels so much better. Can be used in other Vehicles.
You do realize that all you did was shorten your foot to pedal angle via electronically with the higher settings right?
Technically speaking by moving your seat closer to the dash, raising the back portion of the seat lowering the steering wheel it you would somewhat get about the same effect without spending the $$$

Hey dont get me wrong I like my Pedal commander but lets not post what it does not do!

Old 06-12-2023, 11:44 AM
Default Odd

Originally Posted by Callisto
You do realize that all you did was shorten your foot to pedal angle via electronically with the higher settings right?
Technically speaking by moving your seat closer to the dash, raising the back portion of the seat lowering the steering wheel it you would somewhat get about the same effect without spending the $$$
This is very odd to me, the pedal feel and response on my 2023 CX5 is pretty good as is. In fact it is about the nicest feeling pedal as far as pressure and position and response on a 4 cylinder NA unmodified car in the industry. As far as response ,it's perfect, not too dead or to sensitive and jerky. Mine is not a turbo, so I don't know how it effects turbo lag, but wouldn't a simple tune do the same thing for turbo lag ?

Old 06-12-2023, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by THE CHIEF
This is very odd to me, the pedal feel and response on my 2023 CX5 is pretty good as is. In fact it is about the nicest feeling pedal as far as pressure and position and response on a 4 cylinder NA unmodified car in the industry. As far as response ,it's perfect, not too dead or to sensitive and jerky. Mine is not a turbo, so I don't know how it effects turbo lag, but wouldn't a simple tune do the same thing for turbo lag ?
I really don't know how to make it any plainer... If anyone simply using a good professional quality scanning tool and connect to the ODDII diagnostic connector go to the operation/ engine management and drive by or pedal actuation monitoring you can see that the Pedal Commandeer while as i keep say in cool DOES NOT change any aspect of engine operation on the % in pedal reported angle NOTHING MORE

I just took a picture om my % pedal. You can see that for idle there is already a % and to raise that % a slight foot actuation on the pedal changes the % and raises the RPM. If I actuate at any RPM the Pedal Commander without changing my foot position the % increases. Thats all. Now naturally when you increase the engine speeds and various other normal factors the ECU adjusts but only because of the engine speed not the pedal commander settings.

If you believe other wise do the simple testing while connected to the OBDII diagnostic connector and the pedal angle %.

BTW the last picture did not take and if necessary I will go take it again but without changing my foot actuation to raise the RPM I selected Sport+ and the % angle report just over 2%

There is a lot of information on those 3 pictures...

Old 09-13-2023, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by THE CHIEF
This is something I would like to try on my '18 CX-5 N.A. FWD

Old 09-14-2023, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Macanhunter
This is something I would like to try on my '18 CX-5 N.A. FWD
READ carefully what I posed before you invest in it!
You would be better off to check for Versa Tune when they will have a offering ECU program which will fundamentally be a wiser investment then to simply spend the money for a lazy foot?
The other member is using a well tuned "BUTT DYNO" to post information which is not really what the ECU and or actaul engine operation is. lol

Old 11-08-2023, 10:27 AM
Default Pedal Commander issue

A few days ago, my car went into limp mode. My speed dropped down without warning. I was using pedal commander. My engine light came on. I checked the codes. The codes were P2127 and P2128.

I called Pedal Commander. After I verified that the cable and pins were in good shape. They suggested uninstall the PC, and then reinstall the PC, after a few days. I don't know about you, but I'm not going to take that chance. The risk is too great. Are you willing to take that risk?

Old 11-08-2023, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by raybee
A few days ago, my car went into limp mode. My speed dropped down without warning. I was using pedal commander. My engine light came on. I checked the codes. The codes were P2127 and P2128.

I called Pedal Commander. After I verified that the cable and pins were in good shape. They suggested uninstall the PC, and then reinstall the PC, after a few days. I don't know about you, but I'm not going to take that chance. The risk is too great. Are you willing to take that risk?
Pedal Commander solution for you was to simplify the correction and not go into actually describing that cause. which has nothing to do with the PC or how it works in relationship to the ECU. It is after all only a electronic device that sends the throttle position to the ECU nothing more. How it attenuates that information to the ECU does not negatively effect the output information to the ECU..
THERE IS NO RISK PROPERLY USEING A PEDAL COMMANDER.

The Pedal Commander was not the cause.
NOT SAYING YOU DID AND FEW WOULD ADMIT IT ANYWAY
In the future when you choose a setting DONT keep pushing the settings quickly back and forth to many times the MAZDA ECU can not adjust properly. Also adjusting "on the fly" (while under load and already a throttle position off idle) Doing so can generate multiple DTC and possibly even temporary limp mode operation. As an example of duplicating the event , if you place the wrong coil pack and spark plug (hard to do but not impossible) in the wrong cylinder.

If you have a Diagnostic scanner and connect iot directly to the OBDII connector you can clear the DTC and even check the pending file and I doubt that there would be anything there to see.

IT WAS NOT THE FAULT OF THE PEDAL COMMANDER.

Learn the different setting before you start your drive so in the future you know while stopped and foot off the throttle where you want your Pedal Commander settings.

Medical fact: Rabies can affect the brain.

Last edited by Callisto; 11-08-2023 at 10:46 AM.
Old 11-08-2023, 12:30 PM

23 Carbon, NA, I did not like the delay or hesitation when pulling out from a stop. I got the PC, the hesitation is now gone, which for me was worth the price. I tried many of the adjustable settings and this part is personal choice. I like City-0. It now feels like driving with a mechanical cable to the throttle. Bottom line, I like it. I plan on keeping it. Again, getting rid of the pull out hesitation or delay was the goal.

Quick Reply: Has Anyone Tried Using a Pedal Commander on their CX-5?