Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Getting new 2020 CX5 - GTR or Signature?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2021, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by skr9
Agreed - and thanks for posting the info. I wish Mazda had an options list and showed which models they were standard/optional like some other car makers do - so thanks for that list.
I do like the darker finish on the wheels and the front sensors - just debating whether I'll be happy with that dark interior vs. the nice bright parchment!
Their website does a pretty decent job of comparing and contrasting what comes with each trim level. Hit the plus signs to get to the details.
Here's a link: https://www.mazdausa.com/vehicles/20...pecs-and-trims

Last edited by Chris!; 04-15-2021 at 07:55 AM.
Old 04-15-2021, 12:14 PM

I have the Sig and for the most part like it, except for the infotainment configuration, or lack thereof.
It runs fine, turbo runs fine, don't use it much. The HUD us a joy. The 20 MPG (+/-)_ is disappointing as is the Owner's Manual written by their law dept..
I don't like the black interior, quite a dark room inside. Gonna hafta explore hanging a flashlight around my neck.
I bought it July 31st, now has 3,000 miles. I probably won't keep it much longer...just too many negatives for a new car costing that much.

w

Old 04-15-2021, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Whit
I have the Sig and for the most part like it, except for the infotainment configuration, or lack thereof.
It runs fine, turbo runs fine, don't use it much. The HUD us a joy. The 20 MPG (+/-)_ is disappointing as is the Owner's Manual written by their law dept..
I don't like the black interior, quite a dark room inside. Gonna hafta explore hanging a flashlight around my neck.
I bought it July 31st, now has 3,000 miles. I probably won't keep it much longer...just too many negatives for a new car costing that much.

w
It amazes me how many folks on various forums buy a ~40k car and then want to get rid of it a year later - and not for safety/reliability issues - which I would completely understand. You are going to get killed with the depreciation unless you got a phenomenal deal. Curious about the negatives too. I can understand the mileage gripes, but then again most cars with a 250hp turbocharged engine don't have stellar MPG (our non turbo gets in the high 20's consistently) and it was pretty well established what kind of mileage the turbo gets by the time you purchased since they came out in 2019. Did you look at a parchment interior before buying? What made you pick the black in the first place? You start with "for the most part like it", but you "won't keep it much longer" when it's been less than a year since you purchased it?

Not trying to dog you, just confused what makes people operate sometimes. There was another forum member (firefox111) who had TWO 19 GT-R's, purchased within months of each other. He has also sold both already. Totally confusing to me unless you have a financial crisis or other life changing event.

Last edited by chickdr19; 04-15-2021 at 01:09 PM.
Old 04-16-2021, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
It amazes me how many folks on various forums buy a ~40k car and then want to get rid of it a year later - and not for safety/reliability issues - which I would completely understand. You are going to get killed with the depreciation unless you got a phenomenal deal. Curious about the negatives too. I can understand the mileage gripes, but then again most cars with a 250hp turbocharged engine don't have stellar MPG (our non turbo gets in the high 20's consistently) and it was pretty well established what kind of mileage the turbo gets by the time you purchased since they came out in 2019. Did you look at a parchment interior before buying? What made you pick the black in the first place? You start with "for the most part like it", but you "won't keep it much longer" when it's been less than a year since you purchased it?

Not trying to dog you, just confused what makes people operate sometimes. There was another forum member (firefox111) who had TWO 19 GT-R's, purchased within months of each other. He has also sold both already. Totally confusing to me unless you have a financial crisis or other life changing event.
Oh, I hear you on that depreciation. In the last few years I have swapped out a few, even recently I was considering doing just that - reading in my 2021 CE for a Signature. Reality really sunk in at the dealership and nixed that very bad idea. My intention is to keep my CE for quite a while. I was also disappointed in the mpg in the beginning, but since then has gotten a bit better, but your point about what mpg to expect from the 250hp tiro is also spot on.
But I also agree that the interior is very dark at night - some trim lighting would be helpful.

Old 04-16-2021, 11:25 AM

Not really a mystery, Just has more negatives than positives due to ****-poor engineering and software. Probably designed by some corporate son-in-law.
I think I'm probably going to checkout the Kia Tellurides first, AND their Forums.

w

Old 04-16-2021, 11:47 AM

Not really a mystery, Just has more negatives than positives due to ****-poor engineering and software. Probably designed by some corporate son-in-law.
I think I'm probably going to checkout the Kia Tellurides first, AND their Forums.

w
This is what I don't understand. You test drove/researched the CX-5 before buying it. You chose it after doing so and now say it has "more negatives than positives". More negatives compared to what? Did you drive the competition (Tuscon, Sportage, CRV, Rogue, Outlander, Escape, Equinox) before buying the CX-5? If so, what made you choose the CX-5 over them? **** poor engineering? It certainly does pretty well in every comparison test it competes in for having such a poor design.... Of course I really enjoy my CX-5 so this is where my questions come from.

As an aside the Telluride is HUGE compared to a CX-5. More CX-9 in size.

Old 04-16-2021, 12:08 PM

Some folks join a forum to learn about their ride. Some join to help others learn. Some join for the social aspect. Some join to gripe about their ride. It takes all kinds to make up a forum.

Old 04-16-2021, 01:33 PM

Agreed, I think Chick just likes to argue...

Old 04-17-2021, 09:37 AM

Agreed, I think Chick just likes to argue...
Argue? Just pointing out your posts make no sense and trying to understand your reasoning (i.e. what do you mean by "**** poor engineering"). If you simply need a larger SUV (aka Telluride), just say so (that is a great reason). Putting the CX-5 down without any supporting info..... Not logical.

Old 04-17-2021, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
Argue? Just pointing out your posts make no sense and trying to understand your reasoning (i.e. what do you mean by "**** poor engineering"). If you simply need a larger SUV (aka Telluride), just say so (that is a great reason). Putting the CX-5 down without any supporting info..... Not logical.
I agree with you, as I didn't see your post as argumentative at all. I would have asked the same questions, given Whit's post. Jeeeeezzzzzeeee.

Quick Reply: Getting new 2020 CX5 - GTR or Signature?