Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust tips

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2023, 10:55 AM
Arrow Exhaust tips

Any recommendations on slip on exhaust tips with a larger exit diameter.
Only ones I have found that I like would require cut and weld.
To be sure, what is the O.D. on the stock exhaust tip?

I am looking for Black Chrome or Black Painted or powder-coated.

Pics or links to any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Old 08-25-2023, 11:28 AM

Whatever you get I would check the composition of the material regarding any choice you find. The moisture that comes from most emission-controlled vehicles is rather highly corrosive to most cheaply manufactured tail pipes available aftermarket.

Old 08-25-2023, 01:33 PM

Thank you Captain Obvious. I guess you already forgot what I do for a living.

Old 08-25-2023, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by 1killera4
Thank you Captain Obvious. I guess you already forgot what I do for a living.
I talk to and respond no less then 30 every weekday, so no I didn't remember think about it , care frankly what you did or do for a living?
You keep posting defensively when my response can only be considered helpful to others, but I am wondering if you even considered that information when starting this thread and asking? I say this because most members on forums would have no idea about what I suggested to consider. Had you known it IMHO you would have looked for one yourself without starting a thread asking for suggestions?
I might add seems you brought me back into your thread, when considering tail pipe ends stay clear of rolled lip type. They will corrode and you are not likely to see it until the damage is done. Stay clear of painted and even powder-coated tips because of the possible dissimilar metals used in their makeup complete part that may have been used which will react badly to both the powder coating and painted surface.

Old 08-25-2023, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
I talk to and respond no less then 30 every weekday, so no I didn't remember think about it , care frankly what you did or do for a living?
You keep posting defensively when my response can only be considered helpful to others, but I am wondering if you even considered that information when starting this thread and asking? I say this because most members on forums would have no idea about what I suggested to consider. Had you known it IMHO you would have looked for one yourself without starting a thread asking for suggestions?
I might add seems you brought me back into your thread, when considering tail pipe ends stay clear of rolled lip type. They will corrode and you are not likely to see it until the damage is done. Stay clear of painted and even powder-coated tips because of the possible dissimilar metals used in their makeup complete part that may have been used which will react badly to both the powder coating and painted surface.
I wanted real life experiences and recommendations with perhaps examples of fitment to look at.
Callisto,I work for the US Gov. DCMA. I am a Mechanical Engineer specializing in Metallurgy, Forging and Machining. I design Quality Processes and ensure requirements are met on government suppliers..

I gotta put you back on ignore. Jesus.

Old 08-25-2023, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by 1killera4
I wanted real life experiences and recommendations with perhaps examples of fitment to look at.
Callisto,I work for the US Gov. DCMA. I am a Mechanical Engineer specializing in Metallurgy, Forging and Machining. I design Quality Processes and ensure requirements are met on government suppliers..

I got to put you back on ignore. Jesus.
Good for you maybe get you money back for that Mechanical engineering education you got because it isn't showing much? LOL
I love how you described that you design "processes" lol
I am not sure given what we all think of our government to brag about working for them especially in the capacity you describe that you do.
Remember that ignore list hides only my responses not the responses that are quoted by other members. You will still see my responses. lol

Once again, to explain to YOU my responses on this thread as it is with many threads to inform member and visitors reading threads that they get the best information to consider unlike many other forums.

Old 08-25-2023, 02:55 PM

You don't want any tip that is "slip on" unless you want to check it daily.
They require a set screw(s) or clamps to hold them in place and they do not stay tight, and they will mark your stock tips.
Either get weld-on tips or a completely new exhaust with the look you are going for.

Old 08-25-2023, 03:49 PM

Old school guys and RICER Drivers love these.

Old 08-25-2023, 10:23 PM

Well, that went South fast.

Old 08-26-2023, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by CarpeDiem
Well, that went South fast.

Sort-of I guess...but then we aren't.
"Mechanical Engineer specializing in Metallurgy, Forging and Machining. I design Quality Processes and ensure requirements are met on government suppliers."
We're just simple Mazda CX-5 forum folk

Quick Reply: Exhaust tips