Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electric Ticking Sound on 2020 Signature CX-5

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2020, 06:15 PM
Angry Electric Ticking Sound on 2020 Signature CX-5

I recent purchased a new 2020 Signature and the vehicle has the most annoying ticking or clicking sound. The attached mp3 was recorded with my phone on the floor of the vehicle (near the gas pedal). I was applying the slightest pressure to the gas pedal to produce the sound. At the 5 second mark I removed my foot from the gas pedal and the sound stopped. At the 7 second mark I put my foot on the gas pedal again. At the 13 second mark I took my foot off the gas and at the 17 second mark I put my foot back on the gas pedal. The annoying cricket like noise is driving me crazy. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so were you able to get it fixed?

To make this situation even more complicated the sound will also surface when I am slowing down for a traffic light. In this situation I will be going about 30 MPH and see a red light. I will have my foot on the brake to slow down and there will not be a noise. Once I slow down to about 15 MPH the sound will surface all the way to 0 MPH when I am idle.

I have the radio on mute, and no AC/heat/fan going. I have tried turning everything (lane assist, auto breaking, HUD, etc) off via the infotainment system and that has no effect. I have not taken the vehicle to the dealership yet, as I have been trying to pin down the sound and the situation in which it occurs so I can explain it to the service manager.

Attached Files
File Type: mp3
Audio-trimmed.mp3 (274.8 KB, 160 views)
Old 01-28-2021, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by ThePetes
I recent purchased a new 2020 Signature and the vehicle has the most annoying ticking or clicking sound. The attached mp3 was recorded with my phone on the floor of the vehicle (near the gas pedal). I was applying the slightest pressure to the gas pedal to produce the sound. At the 5 second mark I removed my foot from the gas pedal and the sound stopped. At the 7 second mark I put my foot on the gas pedal again. At the 13 second mark I took my foot off the gas and at the 17 second mark I put my foot back on the gas pedal. The annoying cricket like noise is driving me crazy. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so were you able to get it fixed?

To make this situation even more complicated the sound will also surface when I am slowing down for a traffic light. In this situation I will be going about 30 MPH and see a red light. I will have my foot on the brake to slow down and there will not be a noise. Once I slow down to about 15 MPH the sound will surface all the way to 0 MPH when I am idle.

I have the radio on mute, and no AC/heat/fan going. I have tried turning everything (lane assist, auto breaking, HUD, etc) off via the infotainment system and that has no effect. I have not taken the vehicle to the dealership yet, as I have been trying to pin down the sound and the situation in which it occurs so I can explain it to the service manager.
I just purchased a 2021 cx9 carbon I hear the exact noise and it’s driving me crazy

Old 01-29-2021, 08:23 AM

Typical of turbo models. It's a relay clicking sound though I'm not sure which or where it's located. Could be the high-pressure fuel pump relay (based on when it's on or off) but I'm not sure why the non-turbo don't have the same issue.

Your dealer won't be able to do anything about it.