Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Dash Camera (2 channel)

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2021, 04:43 PM

Why are wanting to remove the A pillar? The ribbing support molded into the formation of the A-pillar which is in most all A-pillar of any vehicle will be a hindrance to running wires as you may be thinking of any kind without some serious Dremel action and *not necessary. You simply tuck the wire along the edge and down to the lower portion of the A-pillar which if you look you can easily pull or push it through to the lower section of the dash and then connect up to your "jumped" fuse? DONT OVER THINK this simple task.
I am very confused by this advice. The A-Pillar Trims I have seen in all Toyotas and Mazda's I have seen are pieces of molded plastic held onto the frame by plasitc clips. I have never seen anyone need to use a Dremel to removed that piece of trim. The A Pillar plastic trim is clipped into the frame different ways for different vehicles which is why I am asking for advice.

I suppose if you wanted you could "drill" into the metal part of the body behind the A-pillar of the vehicles and run them in there but why?
and you didn't read what I said about how the A-pillars are made.​​​​​​​
I am not trying to be rude, but I think we may be miscommunicating about what the A Pillar is. Maybe I am using the term incorrectly, but when I talk about the A Pillar I mean the plastic trim between the drivers door and the windshield - and I don't mean the weatherstripping. Most of your answer is consistent with that, but Castillo when you talk about needing to use a dremmel or to drill to remove a clipped on piece of plastic - I think you are mistaken.

Old 06-14-2021, 06:15 PM

Why are wanting to remove the A pillar? The ribbing support molded into the formation of the A-pillar which is in most all A-pillar of any vehicle will be a hindrance to running wires as you may be thinking of any kind without some serious Dremel action and *not necessary. You simply tuck the wire along the edge and down to the lower portion of the A-pillar which if you look you can easily pull or push it through to the lower section of the dash and then connect up to your "jumped" fuse? DONT OVER THINK this simple task.
I do not think this is accurate. Maybe we are getting our terms mixed up. When I refer to the A Pillar, I mean the piece of trim between the windshield and the drivers side door. From what I have seen these are almost universally a piece of plastic trim held on by clips. I have seen probably half a dozen tutorials to remove these in various Toyota's and Mazda's and none have ever required a Dremel to remove.

​​​​​​​I suppose if you wanted you could "drill" into the metal part of the body behind the A-pillar of the vehicles and run them in there but why?
and you didn't read what I said about how the A-pillars are made.
Again, I don't mean to be rude, but I do not think this is true.

Old 06-15-2021, 10:10 AM

You are misunderstanding what I am saying and sarcastically somewhat said which leads me to believe you really dont know as much as you claim about installation of wires and or cables having to do with an A-pillar and how the part itself that is an A-pillar is manufactured? It also means you do not understand how a Air bag works either? Maybe go to a auto dismantler and see a few of activated air bags in various location and LEARN something about them? The ribbing that is molded into most every A-pillar for structural support prevents running wires anywhere except along the edge, hence you DONT need to remove an A-pillar nor will running wires along the edge interfere with the air bag operation! ... I am not mistaken nor did I ever say to use a dermal to remove the A-pillar.
Dude really I have made CUSTOM A-pillars as well have Hydro-coated or Hydro dipped many OEM (including the ones presently in my 2018 MAZDA 3) not to mention run several sets of cables and wires on various vehicles manufactured from about 2000 and newer and NEVER had to remove any A-pillars for addition wires nor sacrifice or compromise the SRS on any vehicle EVER!

You are going to make go and dig up old pictures as well take new pictures to post....LOL
How about you first go pull your A-pillar and look how it is constructed (look at the ribbing) and what parts make contact with the body(metal) where it mounts to and then tell me why you need to pull them and why your cant run the wires along the edge just out of site?

Last edited by Callisto; 06-15-2021 at 10:15 AM.