Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CX5 cargo dimensions (area)

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2023, 02:17 PM

Well, both of them have a 10yr/100k power train warranty which says something about their confidence level

Old 06-16-2023, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
Well, both of them have a 10yr/100k power train warranty which says something about their confidence level
yes but they also have a lot of engine problems/engine replacements and don't use very well designed/good quality parts and if they find you strayed from their maintenance schedule a little bit or your don't have all your receipts then you get the song and dance and have to elevate your complaints to corporate...too much of a hassle...with the telluride the "chrome" exhaust tip started to rust shortly after getting the car...the oil filter housing is plastic and uses a cartridge filter vs just a typical metal filter and the cap has to be torqued back on...plenty of stories of people going to a quick oil change places and leaving with a seized engine cause they cracked the housing when tightening the cap...the oem windshields are thin/defective and if you get a ding or star in the windshield it will crack all the way across...happened to us and a lot of others...didn't even make it through the first winter...they want you to replace with oem glass or they say your heads up display may not work...MA has free glass coverage by insurance so it's not a big deal here but there are a lot of people who don't which sucks for them...we went aftermarket cause i wanted stronger glass and we didn't opt for the heads up display...etc...got the car in sept 2021 and already seeing the defects...just hope it goes the distance cause it was an expensive vehicle...they may have come a long way but they still aren't great

on the other end of the spectrum toyota messed up using shoddy frames on tacomas and with their frame recall payed us out 150% of kelly blue book value in excellent condition for it...no questions asked

Last edited by Point37; 06-16-2023 at 03:07 PM.
Old 06-16-2023, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
Yah it does. They're both garbage with too many issues, recalls, and lawsuits.

Old 06-17-2023, 01:26 PM

Current reliability reviews show Kia, Hyundai along with Mazda rank in top 10. (30+ manufacturers)
Kia has come from their early 2000's dismal original performance ranking, to ranking 3rd in most reliability review sources.
I have owned a Hyundai (wife's vehicle) and had zero issues with it other than personal seating issue (didn't like level of the door arm rest).
When I purchased my CX-5 I was also looking at the Kia Sportage Turbo SX and it's 10yr/100K warranty was hard to dismiss.

Old 06-19-2023, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Lobstah
Current reliability reviews show Kia, Hyundai along with Mazda rank in top 10. (30+ manufacturers)
Kia has come from their early 2000's dismal original performance ranking, to ranking 3rd in most reliability review sources.
I have owned a Hyundai (wife's vehicle) and had zero issues with it other than personal seating issue (didn't like level of the door arm rest).
When I purchased my CX-5 I was also looking at the Kia Sportage Turbo SX and it's 10yr/100K warranty was hard to dismiss.
Here is the consumer reports rankings...still not touching hyundai/kia...toyota/lexus, honda/acura and mazda are my top 5...probably throw subaru in a s #6 but i'm probably not touching the rest of them unless i find a good deal...as i said the warranty is there because you're probably going to need it and it's going to be a pain to deal with

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...g/10703135002/

What are the most reliable automotive brands?

1. Toyota

2. Lexus

3. BMW

4. Mazda

5. Honda

6. Audi

7. Subaru

8. Acura

9. Kia

10. Lincoln

11. Buick

12. Genesis

13. Hyundai

14. Volvo

15. Nissan

16. Ram

17. Cadillac

18. Ford

19. Tesla

20. Chevrolet

21. GMC

22. Volkswagen

23. Jeep

24. Mercedes-Benz

Old 06-19-2023, 12:37 PM

That is one listing, as my post indicates, I looked at multiple reviews (a few below), including the one you posted.
It's up to the individual to make an educated decision based on multiple sources.
In my lifetime, I've can honestly say I have never seen a single motor vehicle brand that has never had major issues.
Kia Reliability - 2023 Ratings | RepairPal
These are the Most Reliable Car Brands for 2023 (autolist.com)
Does Kia Make Reliable Cars and SUVs? (motorbiscuit.com)

Old 06-19-2023, 03:23 PM

That is one listing, as my post indicates, I looked at multiple reviews (a few below), including the one you posted.
It's up to the individual to make an educated decision based on multiple sources.
In my lifetime, I've can honestly say I have never seen a single motor vehicle brand that has never had major issues.
Kia Reliability - 2023 Ratings | RepairPal
These are the Most Reliable Car Brands for 2023 (autolist.com)
Does Kia Make Reliable Cars and SUVs? (motorbiscuit.com)
i have owned an '87 honda civic, '99 honda civic, 05' mazda 6i, '23 subaru legacy...family has owned toyotas...good experience with all of them...wife had a 350z...not a smart car for new england...then a '14 maxima which had transmission issues a little over 100k...their cvts are junk...i was going to take that car and we were going to get rid of my subaru but that's not how it went due to her transmission issues...so we now have a '22 kia telluride and i would rather go with a company that i'm comfortable with as far as reliability goes for the other vehicle...if i had more say in her car choice i would have opted for a highlander or a pilot but that's the wife's car and she didn't like my picks and she has to drive it...this car will be mine so i have more say in this decision than she does...i also have to scale back my wants list due to her getting a new loaded car with all the bells and whistles because 2 car payments at the same time sucks when car prices are through the roof

Old 06-20-2023, 08:31 AM

For me personally, some of the best vehicle brands I've owned have also been the worst I've owned.
All dependent on year and model, and if used, how well they were taken care of before I bought them.
Being somewhat frugal, I would never have one car payment, let alone two at once, I can't stand paying the interest.
I traded my Honda CRV for the CX-5 and paid cash for the remainder which is what I have done for the past 30 plus years.

Old 06-20-2023, 09:18 AM

For me personally, some of the best vehicle brands I've owned have also been the worst I've owned.
All dependent on year and model, and if used, how well they were taken care of before I bought them.
Being somewhat frugal, I would never have one car payment, let alone two at once, I can't stand paying the interest.
I traded my Honda CRV for the CX-5 and paid cash for the remainder which is what I have done for the past 30 plus years.
That is what we had been doing until we bought our CX-5. We can get 5% CD's and the loan was 2.9% so we are $$$ ahead with the loan this time.

Old 06-20-2023, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by blchandl2
That is what we had been doing until we bought our CX-5. We can get 5% CD's and the loan was 2.9% so we are $$$ ahead with the loan this time.
Economics 101: No matter how much you may want to believe so, you are never ahead when have any outstanding loan and pay interest on it.
It's like people who claim they saved money by buying something on sale.
It might make you feel good or justify a purchase, but you can only "save" money by not spending it in the first place.

Quick Reply: CX5 cargo dimensions (area)