Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise Control Error

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2024, 12:06 AM
Default Cruise Control Error

I own a 2020 CX5 GT and have started to get "Mazda Radar Cruise Control Disabled under 20 mph" and "System Disabled Due to Poor Outward Camera Visibility" warning messages. The owners manual shows the location around the front grill/ emblem area. Does cleaning the emblem solve this problem, or do I have to clean something behind the emblem? Cleaning the emblem itself didn't solve the problem so I suspect something else has to be cleaned.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Old 03-12-2024, 09:57 AM

Cleaning the front of the emblem will always help and not hurt anything. Part of the system also lies behind the rear view mirror on the top of the windshield as well. If the sun is really kicking towards the front of the car, it will make those messages pop up unitl the sun is facing away. If it's really foggy/muggy or the rain/snow outside is strong enough, it'll have the same effect from building up on the front emblem. Ice on the front emblem in the New England area has made that warning come up for me a few times too.

Old 03-13-2024, 07:39 AM

I'll second what Alex posted.
Frost and fog here will give me multiple error messages as it covers the sensors and cameras.
The issues won't clear up until the temps dissipate them or I manually clear them but that too is generally a waste of time until the frost and fog are gone.

Old 03-13-2024, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Lobstah
The issues won't clear up until the temps dissipate them or I manually clear them but that too is generally a waste of time until the frost and fog are gone.
Yah I just let it resolve itself, and usually the system starts working again like normal after a minute or two. The only times I have to go out and clean the front emblem is when snow and ice gets compacted onto it with a thick layer.