Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Changing Battery

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2022, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Geluk
Found a useful YOUTUBE video on how to reset the iStop [STOP/ START] feature when you change the battery ; personally I don't miss it, as
on my CX5 hasn't worked for a time, which is down to battery voltage being somewhat low (12.06v). Procedure
also requires some resetting steering wheel settings.
YOUTUBE Battery change re iStop
I'm glad my older model doesn't have that feature. If it did and it became disabled, I would certainly leave it that way.

Old 11-22-2022, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Geluk
Found a useful YOUTUBE video on how to reset the iStop [STOP/ START] feature when you change the battery
Better double check you duplicated posts, I only see a standard battery replacement video???

Old 11-22-2022, 12:10 PM

If anyone is concern about losing any electrical set devices during a battery change there are power supply equipment that plug into the OBDII Dianostic connector that will maintain 12 volts during changing the battery. You can get them for less than 20 bucks most anywhere that sells auto parts of naturally from amazon, eBay and Walmart.
Sorry I can't find mine to show you. Seems someone borrowed it from my tool box and forgot to return it.

Old 01-14-2024, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mark. STL.
I was going to replace the vehicle battery in our 2019 Mazda CX5. Are there any steps you need to complete to program the vehicle? The owner's manual states if you need a battery go to the Mazda dealer.
Hello. Thank you everyone for the insights. It was very cold here and I did not want to wait for a memory saving adapter and just went for it and swapped my battery for a new one. My old battery had not failed, but it was due and the next several days are going to be subzero. So, here’s a datapoint. The swap took less that 5 minutes and nothing seems to have been lost. My “favorites” including radio stations remained. Maintenance service alerts remained. My fan/heater/defroster had to be re-selected. One weird thing occurred. The temperature gauge display in the right side display started moving from cold to hot, off the scale and rolled around again. It stopped doing this, so …. I think I am good.