Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Callisto - can free version of versatune measure knock

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2023, 09:45 AM
Default Callisto - can free version of versatune measure knock

Can the free version of Versatune measure any kind of knock correction or knock index?

Old 05-03-2023, 10:15 AM

Generally speaking in terms of the usage of Versa Tuner...You can live (if you have a device connected that can live view) or save short DATA logging. But I personally don't use theirs for my DATA logging or PID viewing. It would be an additional device connected to my OBDII pulling information which theoretically could slow the ECU down? Theoretically speaking. I have not that I am aware of had that happen yet to anything I currently own (that I noticed or data logged an event) but have seen it on early OBDII in the early 90"S systems.

as far as changing the knock values go....with their provided calibration when you purchase the basic kit....IDK. that may be a question directed at them.
I installed it used their provided calibration to see if they made any difference and what I could do with it. After about 2 weeks made my own calibration files and have been using my own since then. They are very conservative with their calibrations. IMHO. But then most companies providing calibration universal in settings tend to be very safe. LOL
For me to directly answer most of your question I would have to upload one of their provided calibration and see if it shows the values or simply DATA log a few runs and see if it makes any difference. I would like in my case need to wait until I get 1/2 tank of fuel and fill with 87 octane. . which would change many values lowering the power output and increasing the knock sensing values to the ecu. But then that may be the fuel and not necessary the calibration??
Whatever... I am not really willing to do that just to see when you can ask them the question and get a quick answer? Which I think will be NO! LOL
The reason when you start to change the knock reporting you had better have a dash gauge capable of multiple PIDs i.e. knock , fluid temperature's ,IAT, timing etc.. IRT(in real time) vales to make sure you do not harm the engine.

Last edited by Callisto; 05-03-2023 at 10:32 AM.