Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cabin Air / Engine Air Filters

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2022, 01:21 AM

I don't use them on street cars because i don't think they filter as well as I'd like for normal driving. But on two of my cars i use a reusable filter, but with better filtering ability.

Last edited by owynn.severiano; 06-20-2022 at 05:39 AM.
Old 06-20-2022, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by owynn.severiano
I don't use them on street cars because i don't think they filter as well as I'd like for normal driving. But on two of my cars i use a reusable filter, but with better filtering ability.
Well that undocumented with proper testing and empirical data information gets used often on forums all over the world. So exactly where did you get your information and what do you think constitutes an air filter that without losing less then CFM capacity of an engine can filter out anything that may wear the cylinder walls or rings on any engine in less than 100,000 miles or even 500,00o miles. LOL And as I often point out K&N R&D facility has one of the worlds top air filter testing equipment. K&N also has an open invitation for any other air filter manufacture to come and test their filter against a like K&N and will publish the results. To dates after decades only a very few have ever wanted to except that challenge and didn't even equal K&N overall. Sure there are a lot of claims and supposed testing but you have to ask why not take K&N up on the challenge. Why because they don't want the published results. Who wants to buy a air filter that is "almost" as good as K&N?? lol

My quote and see the pictures # 20 ubove in this thread , quote " After letting the air filter wick out over night a little touch up of missed area of the new oil and I was almost ready to re-install. I wiped the inlet pipe just in case, but as I already knew not even worth mentioning, not a single bit of dirt. Lol. So the air-filter is clean and all back in its place under the MAZDA hood."

I should also mention that I first used a OEM ,K&N air filter when I was still using the OEM airbox. This is also on my thread. The results of its filtering were also the same as the open cone filter currently using.

Last edited by Callisto; 06-20-2022 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-22-2022, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
ya we saw that when it first came out and its a good video I do like (do not always agree with them) their videos but like most similar the testing was not as accurate or very controlled.
If you really want to know what K&N thought about that one and many other contact them directly. Please post up what they respond with! I already know what your will receive.

I might also point out that this thread is about CABIN FILTERs which is totally different from a Engine air intake filter.
I too am a sub of Project Farm. The vid you are referencing is very informative. I especially like the most recent one where he compared the Pennzoil brands.