Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Biggest complaint

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2024, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by sluggo48313
Can't believe the stir my comment has caused. It's funny really "my magical 400 tank figure" What, lol? I drive a fair bit (15k-19k a year.) A mix of city hwy. All I can say is this, I put gas in this Mazda much more often than any car I have owned in recent memory. On the trip to my sister's in NC (730 miles) I have to stop one or two additional times vs the last five other cars I've owned or leased recently. And again, I'm fine with the MPG. I average 24.3 with 26-28 on hwy. The OP asked about complaints. My complaint is range. The This will be the last comment on my part.
Not a "stir", it's just amusing to me. The tank size is comparable (if not larger) to others in the segment, and yours is the first comment I have seen complaining about range.

Old 04-10-2024, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
Not a "stir", it's just amusing to me. The tank size is comparable (if not larger) to others in the segment, and yours is the first comment I have seen complaining about range.
well I do get the ghost "just" of the beginning of your response you are at least IMHO a car guy or enthusiast. You would be hard pressed to find any car/Truck forum that a member "beetches" (complains wah! see picture below) about the tank size at least for a gasoline engine. Now diesel sure I can understand that. So bottom line there are some that are just not really In the KNOW or by any definition a car enthusiast.

Old 04-10-2024, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
well I do get the ghost "just" of the beginning of your response you are at least IMHO a car guy or enthusiast. You would be hard pressed to find any car/Truck forum that a member "beetches" (complains wah! see picture below) about the tank size at least for a gasoline engine. Now diesel sure I can understand that. So bottom line there are some that are just not really In the KNOW or by any definition a car enthusiast.

I do remember Jeremy Clarkson of Car Talk complaining that he couldn't drive from his home to work in London and back without filling up his GT50, but that was an extremely small tank in an extremely gas guzzling vehicle.

Old 04-11-2024, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by schmieg
I do remember Jeremy Clarkson of Car Talk complaining that he couldn't drive from his home to work in London and back without filling up his GT50, but that was an extremely small tank in an extremely gas guzzling vehicle.
Yeah, but Clarkson got paid big money mostly to whine and be a pompous ***...until his "genius" got him sacked...

Old 04-11-2024, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Lobstah
Yeah, but Clarkson got paid big money mostly to whine and be a pompous ***...until his "genius" got him sacked...
It wasn't his genius - it was his temper and punching out a producer.

Personally, I prefer James May though.

Old 04-11-2024, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by schmieg
It wasn't his genius - it was his temper and punching out a producer.

Personally, I prefer James May though.
By saying his "genius" I was being sarcastic...he has less genius than the average village idiot .

Old 04-11-2024, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Lobstah
By saying his "genius" I was being sarcastic...he has less genius than the average village idiot .
I can still say that him and the others (Hammond + May) still make me cakcle when I watch them lol.

Old 04-15-2024, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by hsdejong
Yes, there are funny comments, silly questions and wrong answers.
But we all voluntarily discuss here. We spent free time in it and we get satisfaction in return.
The way you respond to others is perhaps humorous, but I often experience it as arrogant, unsympathetic, sarcastic and disrespectful.
Absolutely, I agree! Their sarcasm is reminiscent of social media keyboard warriors, which is not what I'd typically associate with an automotive forum. I'm curious, is this their platform? Is it in any way affiliated with the Mazda brand? Was it initiated and is it currently overseen by them or Mazda? If it is indeed their forum, I'll respectfully exit. If not, a bit of courtesy would be appreciated. Just because someone else's post or response doesn't align with your preferences, mood, or whatever, it doesn't warrant rudeness. It brings to mind an individual in their mid-40s, secluded in their parents' basement, who fancies themselves important because they've spent the last 20 years immersing themselves in a particular subject, only to belittle those who aren't as knowledgeable.

Old 04-16-2024, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Aliceson24!
It brings to mind an individual in their mid-40s, secluded in their parents' basement, who fancies themselves important because they've spent the last 20 years immersing themselves in a particular subject, only to belittle those who aren't as knowledgeable.
Not sure why most people say that.
In reality it is actually grown adults who live in their own homes in their own self-centered fantasy worlds who post the most outlandish and self-serving things online.
Most not spending even an hour, let alone years in immersing themselves in anything but self-indulgence.
And that is just many in the current US Congress and a former President for starts...

Last edited by Lobstah; 04-16-2024 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-16-2024, 11:28 AM

LOL I agree Lobster!
I will say in my experience those that are thinned skinned get their Feelings" hurt so easily. On a car/vehicle forum. Think about that for a minute?
I can see one of them starting a vehicle forum, rules and guidelines. One would be Please no hurtful or harsh wording aloud.

For those members that posted their commentary about others how they post more or less without BS or mincing words a song just for you few.

Last edited by Callisto; 04-16-2024 at 11:32 AM.

Quick Reply: Biggest complaint