Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Biggest complaint

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2024, 10:06 AM

got to really love or be entertained from those that really did not test drive their vehicle completely, asked questions and spent a little time to read the owner's manual and then just purchased the car and now complaining.

I did like the one about the fuel tank capacity. LOL I guess math was not that one's strong point in school?

Old 04-08-2024, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
got to really love or be entertained from those that really did not test drive their vehicle completely, asked questions and spent a little time to read the owner's manual and then just purchased the car and now complaining.

I did like the one about the fuel tank capacity. LOL I guess math was not that one's strong point in school?
Both of those give me a real kick lmao .

Old 04-08-2024, 02:39 PM

Really? You are too much. No car is perfect. Some one asks for the biggest complaints, I give mine, and now I'm "entertaining" because I'm so "dumb". To give a counter point, I've bought and leased lots of new cars and have never checked the fuel tank capacity ahead of time. The gas tank on my other cars and trucks have always been right sized. The Mazda is not. Maybe math is not their engineers strong suit? A 15 gallon tank probably works in Europe with a diesel engine but not in America with the turbo gas. I'll also note the new Mazda CX-70, which is rated more fuel efficient than the CX-5, now has an 18.5 gallon gas tank. Interesting huh?

The keyless entry and seats (seating position) cannot be fully experienced until you are daily driving the car. Nothing you are going to discover on a test drive (which of course I did, a lengthy one). I did my research, I always do. Notice I didn't complain about "no touch screen". I actually like the dial and got used to it quickly.

Old 04-08-2024, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by sluggo48313
Really? You are too much. No car is perfect. Some one asks for the biggest complaints, I give mine, and now I'm "entertaining" because I'm so "dumb". To give a counter point, I've bought and leased lots of new cars and have never checked the fuel tank capacity ahead of time. The gas tank on my other cars and trucks have always been right sized. The Mazda is not. Maybe math is not their engineers strong suit? A 15 gallon tank probably works in Europe with a diesel engine but not in America with the turbo gas. I'll also note the new Mazda CX-70, which is rated more fuel efficient than the CX-5, now has an 18.5 gallon gas tank. Interesting huh?

The keyless entry and seats (seating position) cannot be fully experienced until you are daily driving the car. Nothing you are going to discover on a test drive (which of course I did, a lengthy one). I did my research, I always do. Notice I didn't complain about "no touch screen". I actually like the dial and got used to it quickly.
The CX-70 is also 22" longer and quite a bit wider than the CX-5 so there is a lot more room for a bigger tank. My Frontier has a 21 gallon tank, but that isn't common in a small SUV. For example:

Honda CR-V: 14 gallons
Nissan Rogue: 14.5
Hyundai Tuscon: 14.3
RAV-4: 14.5
NX 350: 14.5

So the CX-5 actually has a generous tank for the segment....

Old 04-08-2024, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
The CX-70 is also 22" longer and quite a bit wider than the CX-5 so there is a lot more room for a bigger tank. My Frontier has a 21 gallon tank, but that isn't common in a small SUV. For example:

Honda CR-V: 14 gallons
Nissan Rogue: 14.5
Hyundai Tuscon: 14.3
RAV-4: 14.5
NX 350: 14.5

So the CX-5 actually has a generous tank for the segment....
...and every one of those gets 4-6 MPG more than the Mazda putting their range over 400+ vs. the CX-5 turbo at 368. Again, I'm not even complaining about the MPG. For the power I'm happy with the trade off in MPG, if the tank had another three or four gallons. That's all.

Old 04-08-2024, 03:26 PM

Yes, there are funny comments, silly questions and wrong answers.
But we all voluntarily discuss here. We spent free time in it and we get satisfaction in return.
The way you respond to others is perhaps humorous, but I often experience it as arrogant, unsympathetic, sarcastic and disrespectful.

Old 04-08-2024, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by sluggo48313
...and every one of those gets 4-6 MPG more than the Mazda putting their range over 400+ vs. the CX-5 turbo at 368. Again, I'm not even complaining about the MPG. For the power I'm happy with the trade off in MPG, if the tank had another three or four gallons. That's all.
A prime both for me is when owners make comparisons with no vehicle details. I went looking at history and see the turbo. Of course the turbo gets 4-5 mpg less than the NA. It also has nearly 100 lb-ft torque more than a rav-4 2.5 or CRV.

Old 04-08-2024, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by hsdejong
Yes, there are funny comments, silly questions and wrong answers.
But we all voluntarily discuss here. We spent free time in it and we get satisfaction in return.
The way you respond to others is perhaps humorous, but I often experience it as arrogant, unsympathetic, sarcastic and disrespectful.
Why not start a thread about your feeling instead of continuing on an off-topic rant that surely will get responses to it?
Most DIY like yourself feel the same way. Yet again my responses save dozens of members on this and other forums $$$$ money instead of paying a service shop. I don't have time to sugar coat my posting for thinned skinned members.
If you were a customer, you get my smile and full attention but, on the internet, I don't have time to ***** foot around some members afraid that they will be offended.
Funny you and few other don't seem to realize I don't call you all names but you're a quick to call me names. ROLMAO..
Oh and some of your responses on various threads are really entertaining to say the least and always make me smile!
Last you had better learn the words in your last response because I think by all accurate definition you are falling within their meaning that you personally feel I am. LOL
in closing this response, I have one more ROLMAO for you

Old 04-08-2024, 05:25 PM

Technically on long trips you are supposed to stop, get out and stretch about every 2 hours.
80 mph is the maximum speed limit in the contiguous USA.
If Sluggo's Turbo gets a range of 368 miles, it would take him over 4 hours to go 368.
Meaning he should stop at least twice on a long trip.
The longest distance without service on the contiguous US interstate system is 179 miles between US-95 and Denio, Nevada and Lakeview, Oregon.
There are over 168,000 places that sell gas in the contiguous USA.
The CX-5 is considered a compact SUV. The largest tank available in a small compact SUV was the 2020 Audi Q3 @ 15.9

Last edited by Lobstah; 04-08-2024 at 05:39 PM.
Old 04-08-2024, 05:34 PM

^^^^^^^^

Quick Reply: Biggest complaint