Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biggest complaint

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2024, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by THE CHIEF
The seats are very stiff and not very comfortable on long trips.
The lower trimmed seats with leatherette are a lot less forgiving on long trips for sure. My lower back was toast since the seats can't really be adjusted much on those cars. However with the real leather seats, having more adjustments made a huge difference.

Old 04-02-2024, 10:07 AM

rolmao so couple things.... when posting information about documentation specifically to support a comment please post the DATA that should support the posted information. Often times they are VIN and exact vehicle concern and not a "blanket" bulletin. Also read the source and try real hard not to post anything except from a source that is either government provided or auto manufacture direct. Anything less is likely to be flawed.

Reading some of the seat comments.... LOL we must have a lot of members with likely Subluxations or spinal disc deterioration from spending too much time on the internet, driving up and down the beach during spring break looking at the sites, or to many Motorcycle or car crashes. Or just OLD and worn out! hahahahaha!

Old 04-02-2024, 10:51 AM

For crying out loud, "comfort", like many things, is strictly opinion based.
It's like saying which color is more "aerodynamic".
To put it bluntly no two asses are alike.
Either you like them, hate them or you literally sit somewhere in-between.

Old 04-02-2024, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Lobstah
For crying out loud, "comfort", like many things, is strictly opinion based.
It's like saying which color is more "aerodynamic".
To put it bluntly no two asses are alike.
Either you like them, hate them or you literally sit somewhere in-between.

^^ EXACTLY^^

I have to wonder how short some people test drive was before they purchased their new vehicle?

I have often suggested for those "smarter" individuals go rent a vehicle that is at least close to the one you're are contemplating to purchase new and drive it for at least a week. Maybe even go on a long day drive or weekend get-away. You will learn a invaluable amount of information about that vehicle's.

In the last month on several forums and not all Mazda related i have never seen so many people beetch about their new vehicle!!!
NO vehicle is perfect and no one is likely ever going to be satisfied with all aspects of it. its called INDIVIDUALISUM.

For me when I don't like something in a vehicle I change it or get another vehicle all together? Maybe that is or should be in the high consideration of the best advise.

Old 04-02-2024, 11:41 AM

I dunno, I bought this leather recliner and when I sat in it home for 2 hours watching a movie, well, it wasn't as comfortable as it was in the 5 minutes I set in it at the store.
Come to think of it, it's same as my mattress and my new jacket...

Old 04-02-2024, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Lobstah
I dunno, I bought this leather recliner and when I sat in it home for 2 hours watching a movie, well, it wasn't as comfortable as it was in the 5 minutes I set in it at the store.
Come to think of it, it's same as my mattress and my new jacket...
Dude.... you sound like my neighbors (retirement community) next you are going to complain about all your pains and the different meds you are taking....and the counter meds because of constipation from them... When they talk to me, I think PIA just like some members on forums that likely a very large suppository likely would cure? ROLMAO!

Old 04-02-2024, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
rolmao so couple things.... when posting information about documentation specifically to support a comment please post the DATA that should support the posted information. Often times they are VIN and exact vehicle concern and not a "blanket" bulletin. Also read the source and try real hard not to post anything except from a source that is either government provided or auto manufacture direct. Anything less is likely to be flawed.

Reading some of the seat comments.... LOL we must have a lot of members with likely Subluxations or spinal disc deterioration from spending too much time on the internet, driving up and down the beach during spring break looking at the sites, or to many Motorcycle or car crashes. Or just OLD and worn out! hahahahaha!
Callisto, I have always appreciated your advice and your admonitions to provide a documented, supported framework for complaints. However, I believe perspective plays a role in how a reader should interpret a post or any other writings.

I noted the 2010 issue ONLY to provide anecdotal information for my point of view: I might not be the best source for complaints around the CX-5 in that I love the darn thing. But I thought I could throw out a thumbs up on purchasing the car in any case.

For what it is worth, my 2010 reference was NOT to a MAZDA but to another make; while I agree with your past comments about service bulletins as dealer rather than customer documents, my dealer showed me documentation regarding the fix; and the article, had I referenced its citation, would have given away the manufacture.

And that is the key; I did not post to flame any car, nor to drag any manufacturer through the mud—unfair that would be; so while you are correct, I am leaving it at that. I am sorry if I have confused the issue of “CX-5 complaints.”

Old 04-02-2024, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by egdrive
Callisto, I have always appreciated your advice and your admonitions to provide a documented, supported framework for complaints. However, I believe perspective plays a role in how a reader should interpret a post or any other writings.

I noted the 2010 issue ONLY to provide anecdotal information for my point of view: I might not be the best source for complaints around the CX-5 in that I love the darn thing. But I thought I could throw out a thumbs up on purchasing the car in any case.

For what it is worth, my 2010 reference was NOT to a MAZDA but to another make; while I agree with your past comments about service bulletins as dealer rather than customer documents, my dealer showed me documentation regarding the fix; and the article, had I referenced its citation, would have given away the manufacture.

And that is the key; I did not post to flame any car, nor to drag any manufacturer through the mud—unfair that would be; so while you are correct, I am leaving it at that. I am sorry if I have confused the issue of “CX-5 complaints.”
Most or at least a high percentage of members on forums are DIY or simply owners that don't even work on their own vehicles in any true capasities .So posting information that a majority does not understand or simply reads more that their intend value or use distracts form and many times the purpose of a thread and the topic. Thats all!
And it makes for a challenge when some read it and read to much into it without the understanding of its value and then challenges me to try to keep the topic on track and at least in somewhat a direction related to the thread.
It also does not help that I often get handed documents like the one you posted from customers and think it relates to their vehcle..... as an example "but sir you have an air-cooled VW Bug and that cooling system problem does not apply to your car" .

Thank you for the good response and I appreciate your comments and past responses on other threads. Wish I had your English writing skills, but it was never my strong point in higher education.

Old 04-02-2024, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Most or at least a high percentage of members on forums are DIY or simply owners that don't even work on their own vehicles in any true capasities .So posting information that a majority does not understand or simply reads more that their intend value or use distracts form and many times the purpose of a thread and the topic. Thats all!
And it makes for a challenge when some read it and read to much into it without the understanding of its value and then challenges me to try to keep the topic on track and at least in somewhat a direction related to the thread.
It also does not help that I often get handed documents like the one you posted from customers and think it relates to their vehcle..... as an example "but sir you have an air-cooled VW Bug and that cooling system problem does not apply to your car" .

Thank you for the good response and I appreciate your comments and past responses on other threads. Wish I had your English writing skills, but it was never my strong point in higher education.
Nah, that is as nice articulate response, such as necessary to keep buggers like me on track. Appreciated.

Old 04-08-2024, 07:58 AM

Had mine for two years. Lots to love, but a couple of big complaints.

First, 15.1 gallon fuel tank. Unacceptable in a vehicle that only averages 22-24 MPG. Electric car range. Should be at least 19 if not 20 or 21.

Second, nothing good about the keyless entry. Buttons are on the side of the key fob so they get pushed when you bend over. You have to push the button to get into the car. You have to push the button to open the hatch. The hatch is slow. The hatch doesn't go up all the way (you have to push it the extra couple of inchs and yes, I tried using the setting.) You have to use an app to remote start the car, then when you touch the door handle, the car shuts off. Again, it surprises me the same company that designed the Interior and headlights (best headlights on any car I have owned) can design such a poor keyless entry system. And they are still using it!

Third, as others have said, the seats are kinda flat, hard, and narrow. Seems like the steering wheel is too far away or the pedals are too close. Really, really, hard to get a comfortable setting with the drivers seat.

Last edited by sluggo48313; 04-08-2024 at 08:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Biggest complaint