Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery and break problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 10:25 PM
Default Battery and break problems

13 days, 252 miles, after buying my CX-5 I left for the weekend and came home to a completely dead battery. Nothing left on doors were locked. called roadside assistance they came and jumped me. i drove for a half hour and left it run another half hour. it's been fine except for an occasional break issue where the break doesn't depress until after I start the vehicle. On Thursday, 3125 miles, after 2.5 hour shift at work I unlocked the door and tried to start it. the break didn't depress and it didn't start. All the lights inside where on, even the the dash lights. I tried again and it started clicking and both the RPM and gas gauge started going haywire. It did it for almost 5 minutes. I read the manual and it stated that if the push button start blinked amber then it won't start, in which it was. I again called roadside assistance and they towed it to the nearest dealer, which wasn't the dealership I bought it from. After having it 5 days they called and said they didn't know but could only determine the battery was dead, even though the battery tested good. They said they and Mazda had no answers for the break issue. I called my purchasing dealer and they think it's a bad battery. My husband is livid worried we bought the lemon of the bunch. Thank gosh I bought that extended warranty. Anyone have the break or battery issue?

Old 05-01-2013, 01:24 PM

Extended warranty is not necessary, this should be covered under regular warranty if it's a defect. I hope they gave you a loaner car for 5 days. Don't understand the brake issue.

Does this vehicle have any aftermarket or dealer-installed accessories like remote start?

Old 05-01-2013, 02:28 PM

how much more does the brake pedal move? When you start the car the brake booster starts helping you when you press on the pedal so it should move more easily once the engine is running.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:04 PM
Default Reponding

Manufacturers warranty is in affect until 60,000 miles so it is still covered under that. I did have a loaner fom the first dealer. Our purchasing dealer came to our home today and took my CX-5 and left a loaner.
The brake pedal is sometimes rock solid and won't move until I start it and then goes down to the floor.

Last edited by beckyvoss; 05-01-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:11 PM

It does not have any after market or dealer installed options. It's a Touring with the moonroof/Bose pkg.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by beckyvoss
Anyone have the break or battery issue?
No, we sometimes misspell, but never brake.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:43 PM
Banned
Talking

Originally Posted by Allan Ostling
No, we sometimes misspell, but never brake.
She broke her battery.
I just had a short break and ate some salad.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:33 PM

Been a week, status please?

Old 05-10-2013, 09:31 AM
Default Sorry, I was a little disgusted by the immature behavior of some of these posters

The purchasing dealer put a brand new battery in it. Hopefully it helps. I have had it back a week now with no problems. I have noticed I am getting 2 mpg's better now with the same type of driving. They stated due to the vacuum process the brake pedal will sometimes not move before starting. We'll see.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:23 AM
Banned
Thumbs down

Lighten up Becky, it's the internet. We like to have fun once in a while! You gave us an opening.
It would be boring if everything was serious.

Quick Reply: Battery and break problems