Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda CX-5 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-5-54/)
-   -   Battery and break problems (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-5-54/battery-break-problems-31510/)

beckyvoss 04-30-2013 10:25 PM

Battery and break problems

13 days, 252 miles, after buying my CX-5 I left for the weekend and came home to a completely dead battery. Nothing left on doors were locked. called roadside assistance they came and jumped me. i drove for a half hour and left it run another half hour. it's been fine except for an occasional break issue where the break doesn't depress until after I start the vehicle. On Thursday, 3125 miles, after 2.5 hour shift at work I unlocked the door and tried to start it. the break didn't depress and it didn't start. All the lights inside where on, even the the dash lights. I tried again and it started clicking and both the RPM and gas gauge started going haywire. It did it for almost 5 minutes. I read the manual and it stated that if the push button start blinked amber then it won't start, in which it was. I again called roadside assistance and they towed it to the nearest dealer, which wasn't the dealership I bought it from. After having it 5 days they called and said they didn't know but could only determine the battery was dead, even though the battery tested good. They said they and Mazda had no answers for the break issue. I called my purchasing dealer and they think it's a bad battery. My husband is livid worried we bought the lemon of the bunch. Thank gosh I bought that extended warranty. Anyone have the break or battery issue?

CX-SV 05-01-2013 01:24 PM

Extended warranty is not necessary, this should be covered under regular warranty if it's a defect. I hope they gave you a loaner car for 5 days. Don't understand the brake issue.

Does this vehicle have any aftermarket or dealer-installed accessories like remote start?

HandA 05-01-2013 02:28 PM

how much more does the brake pedal move? When you start the car the brake booster starts helping you when you press on the pedal so it should move more easily once the engine is running.

beckyvoss 05-01-2013 09:04 PM

Reponding

Manufacturers warranty is in affect until 60,000 miles so it is still covered under that. I did have a loaner fom the first dealer. Our purchasing dealer came to our home today and took my CX-5 and left a loaner.
The brake pedal is sometimes rock solid and won't move until I start it and then goes down to the floor.

beckyvoss 05-01-2013 09:11 PM

It does not have any after market or dealer installed options. It's a Touring with the moonroof/Bose pkg.

Allan Ostling 05-02-2013 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by beckyvoss (Post 137534)
Anyone have the break or battery issue?

No, we sometimes misspell, but never brake.

UseYourNoggin 05-02-2013 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Allan Ostling (Post 137558)
No, we sometimes misspell, but never brake.

She broke her battery. :rolleyes:
I just had a short break and ate some salad. :eek:

CX-SV 05-09-2013 03:33 PM

Been a week, status please?

beckyvoss 05-10-2013 09:31 AM

Sorry, I was a little disgusted by the immature behavior of some of these posters

The purchasing dealer put a brand new battery in it. Hopefully it helps. I have had it back a week now with no problems. I have noticed I am getting 2 mpg's better now with the same type of driving. They stated due to the vacuum process the brake pedal will sometimes not move before starting. We'll see.

UseYourNoggin 05-10-2013 10:23 AM

Lighten up Becky, it's the internet. We like to have fun once in a while! You gave us an opening. :D
It would be boring if everything was serious. :p