Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto Temp Control - fan speed

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2024, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Lynessd
I need some advice please. My CX5 fan auto switch used to increase the blow to its maximum when pressed, but has stopped doing that. Also, the indicator light stays on until we manually adjust the fan speed. Is there a setting I need to know or another problem?
I'd start with checking the blower motor and the resistor for it.

Old 04-04-2024, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by CarpeDiem
FYI, using recirculation mode is the wrong one if the vehicle has been sitting in the sun for some time. Why? Because the air in the car will be far hotter that the outside air is, sometimes by 30 degrees or more. With the recirc on you are trying to cool that very hot air, and it will take a lot longer for the interior to cool down. Instead, use outside air for the first few minutes, then switch to recirculation. Living as I do on the surface of the sun, tricks like this really help.
I agree. I hardly ever use recirculation anyway, unless I'm driving behind a smoking, smelly car.

If the windshield is fogged up, I choose the defroster setting until the window has cleared.
Furthermore, I almost always use the automatic setting of the HVAC. In almost all cases the system chooses the correct settings. It takes into account the inside, outside and set temperature and chooses which ventilation openings itself.
Only for the last five to ten minutes of a trip do I turn off the AC to let the evaporator dry to prevent mold.
The automatic HVAC is quite well designed and smarter than most CX-5 owners realize.

Last edited by hsdejong; 04-04-2024 at 05:42 AM.