Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Apple Car Play / Android Auto

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2018, 05:59 AM

well if a 2018 owners getting it FREE ill be shocked. the dealer told my friend its a couple hour job.. so the labor alone is something a DEALER not Mazda is going to expect you to pay for ... ( figure out hourly dealer $$$ ) i think my friend told me half or over half of the cost was just labor...

Old 11-12-2018, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Arkainzeye
well if a 2018 owners getting it FREE ill be shocked. the dealer told my friend its a couple hour job.. so the labor alone is something a DEALER not Mazda is going to expect you to pay for ... ( figure out hourly dealer $$$ ) i think my friend told me half or over half of the cost was just labor...
Yeah, I am curious now and will report back once I have this installed in my 2018 CX-5.

Old 11-16-2018, 10:52 AM
Default cx5 and carplay

I just leased a new 2018 CX5 Touring FWD yesterday in Miami and now have the apple car play installed by the dealer at time of purchase. Didn't think it was possible and was gonna get a 2018 Mazda 6 instead (because of the car play availability) but to clinch the deal for the CX5 they installed it.

(Leased it for 36 Mos 10K per year for $360 per month all in sign and drive -- just paid first month and DMV charges -- was this a good deal?

Old 11-17-2018, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by karma3311
I just leased a new 2018 CX5 Touring FWD yesterday in Miami and now have the apple car play installed by the dealer at time of purchase. Didn't think it was possible and was gonna get a 2018 Mazda 6 instead (because of the car play availability) but to clinch the deal for the CX5 they installed it.

(Leased it for 36 Mos 10K per year for $360 per month all in sign and drive -- just paid first month and DMV charges -- was this a good deal?
Did they charge you for the upgrade or was it just factored into your deal? In case you have an itemized entry for the carplay upgrade in your invoice, can you share how much they charged for the upgrade?
Thanks and enjoy your new ride!

Old 11-18-2018, 06:35 AM

No line item, they side they were including it "free" to clinch the deal. However, I am in dispute with them for overcharges on the lease agreement. So who knows if it was actually free. At the end of the day I have a 2018 CX5 Touring lease (with special white metallic paint, Car play, Roof rails and wheel locks) with 10K/year miles --all in/sign and drive -- except for first month and DMV for $360 a month -- is this a good deal?

Old 11-18-2018, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by karma3311
No line item, they side they were including it "free" to clinch the deal. However, I am in dispute with them for overcharges on the lease agreement. So who knows if it was actually free. At the end of the day I have a 2018 CX5 Touring lease (with special white metallic paint, Car play, Roof rails and wheel locks) with 10K/year miles --all in/sign and drive -- except for first month and DMV for $360 a month -- is this a good deal?
Thanks for the feedback. Cannot provide you any info on your lease though since ours was a purchase.

Old 11-19-2018, 05:23 PM

Found this on the Beach Mazda Facebook page:
Facebook Post
Haven't called yet to find if the price is different for Grand Touring, etc.

Old 11-19-2018, 06:39 PM

Thanks much for this info. My dealer said they will have info after November 20, so I will contact them again on Wednesday or early next week.

Old 11-21-2018, 06:30 AM

Before buying my CX-5, I got hold of Mazda South Africa and they sent me an email stating that they are currently testing a "beta" version of it here in South Africa but and so far things are going well, they still haven't sorted the licensing out for all countries but will probably roll it out January 2019 and I'd have to pay around $400 to retro fit it to my CX-5 as it requires software upgrade, USB port and cable to be installed where the 12v socket is in the front console.

Old 11-27-2018, 12:24 PM

In Charlotte, I was told it would cost $495.00 and I would lose CMU Navigation. Told them to stuff it. Will use phone (Waze) and it will work while moving!

Quick Reply: Apple Car Play / Android Auto