Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda CX-5 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-5-54/)
-   -   Apple Car Play / Android Auto (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda-cx-5-54/apple-car-play-android-auto-39476/)

mazda_nc_dude 02-09-2018 11:03 PM

Apple Car Play / Android Auto

As long as many customers want this, Mazda will be listening. It is 2018 and Apple Car Play and Android Auto is supported by many auto makers. Come on Mazda, let's zoom zoom and bring this upgrade. Here is the latest news but no time-line yet:

Mazda Remains Committed to Introducing CarPlay But Still Won't Say When

MacRumors received the following statement from Mazda spokesperson Jacob Brown today ensuring that it still plans to offer CarPlay. Unfortunately, it still isn't willing to share any additional details at this time.

We remain committed to introducing the Apple CarPlay and Android Auto technologies to our vehicles, designing them to interface with our MAZDA CONNECT infotainment system in a manner that promotes a focus on the driving experience. We cannot provide timing or any additional details at this time.
Mazda made a similar promise a few times last year. Last March, for example, the automaker told Cars.com that CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility was in the works, and noted the software platforms would be available in both new and older-generation vehicles with its Mazda Connect system.

Mazda Connect appears to have debuted in 2013 model year vehicles, so a wide range of Mazda vehicles should eventually support CarPlay and Android Auto if and when the company finally fulfills its promise. Of note, like Toyota, Mazda has been listed as a committed CarPlay partner on Apple's website since 2014.

nxtkitt 03-07-2018 09:26 PM

I was told today at the Mazda dealership that "yeah, sometime this year" and that it'll be a $300 software upgrade. Basically they'll hook in and push a button.

mazda_nc_dude 03-10-2018 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by nxtkitt (Post 166572)
I was told today at the Mazda dealership that "yeah, sometime this year" and that it'll be a $300 software upgrade. Basically they'll hook in and push a button.

$300 is pretty steep price for this upgrade but I would still do it I guess. Using Android Auto or Apple CarPlay is really very convenient. Fingers crossed that this is coming soon.

mazda_nc_dude 03-10-2018 12:12 PM

Here is some info from another forum:

I asked Mazda and I got this reply today (in dutch, translation in red):

Thank you for your mail about Apple Car Play. At the end of 2018 we expect a kit which can be placed in cars with MZD-connect for both CP and AA. Unfortunately, the exact date for dealer availability is not known at the moment.
Customer Service
Mazda Motor Nederland

Apparently, it won't be just a software update, but some sort of hardware kit as well. What is discouraging is that it says at the end of 2018, so we'll have to wait and wait and wait :(

#wa2ZHtSq7Pk5C3DE#$94FDR!Y8 07-01-2018 03:32 PM

> the end of 2018

In MazdaSpeak: December 211th, 2018 (not a typo)

Parclark 07-12-2018 04:55 PM

When I bought my 2018 CX5 this past March, Dealer told me that Mazda will most likely NOT be adding Apple or Android car play, as the subscription service is too expensive, and the money is better spent improving the cars.

mazdapihu 08-27-2018 12:22 PM

I bought new CX-5 yesterday 08/25/2018. My dealer told me that Apple car play is coming in Jan/2019 for 150 USD.

mox44ah 08-28-2018 10:12 AM

I bought a new CX5 on 8/25/18 as well. Dealer told me it will be out sometime this fall/winter. It will be $150 for people who own the Sport or Touring model and it will be FREE if you own the Grand Touring model. I guess it all depends which dealer you talk to.

Arthur 11-08-2018 01:07 PM

Apple Car Play / Andriod Auto UK News

FYI.... Mazda UK are offering Apple Car Play/Andriod Auto installation for...... wait for it ! ...... £350 !!!!!!! Not given as retro freebie in any circumstances. In addition standard caveat applies "Mazda are not responsible for performance/compatibility/upgrades/issue" etc.

I'm not a clever guy but I am clever enough to know that my MX5 (Miata) cost me £28,500, is less than 12 months old and has the lovely Soul Red Metallic paint (chipping of course) and £350 for Apple Car Play/Andriod Auto is not happening for me. In addition, this is the last Mazda I will ever own. Happy Days !

mazda_nc_dude 11-10-2018 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Arthur (Post 170959)
FYI.... Mazda UK are offering Apple Car Play/Andriod Auto installation for...... wait for it ! ...... £350 !!!!!!! Not given as retro freebie in any circumstances. In addition standard caveat applies "Mazda are not responsible for performance/compatibility/upgrades/issue" etc.

I'm not a clever guy but I am clever enough to know that my MX5 (Miata) cost me £28,500, is less than 12 months old and has the lovely Soul Red Metallic paint (chipping of course) and £350 for Apple Car Play/Andriod Auto is not happening for me. In addition, this is the last Mazda I will ever own. Happy Days !

That's a steep price for the upgrade. I own a grand touring purchased in January 2018 (USA) and will see how much the upgrade cost. I too believed that for at least the 2018 year the upgrade should be for free where I have this in my 2016 VW Golf purchased in 2015. I will keep this thread updated as soon as I have this installed. Dealer told me parts will be available most likely after November 20th, but no exact date or any pricing info was provided.