Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

37k mile recommendations from my dealer service dept

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2023, 04:02 PM
Default 37k mile recommendations from my dealer service dept

Thought I'd share this with you all for laughs.
My car is 2019 and has 37k miles, it is running fine.
Went in for an oil change and left with 5 "needs immediate attention" recommendations:

Gas direct injection $240
Brake fluid exchange $120
Engine tune up $440
Transfer case fluid replacement $129
Differential flush - rear $129

Old 01-29-2023, 05:48 PM

Sometimes I feel like dealerships should be charged with fraud. Maybe someday, a lawyer will sue a dealership for these deceptive tactics.

Old 01-29-2023, 07:42 PM

Same experience from my last visit. 2018 CX-5 with 30K miles. They tried to talk me into brake fluid flush and fuel system cleaning. My assumption is since they are pretty low on new and used car inventory, they are trying to make more money from their service departments. I am just following the regular maintenance as indicated in my owner's manual.

Old 01-30-2023, 04:50 AM

Even Mazda is on to what these dealers are up to...
MC-10208556-0001.pdf (nhtsa.gov)

Old 01-30-2023, 06:38 AM

For everyone who laughs at that there's someone falling for it...namely the people who send money to that Nigerian Prince

Old 01-30-2023, 07:57 AM

Maybe on the brake fluid exchange. I do ours myself every two years. However, that's still pushing it. Everything else. No way.

Old 01-30-2023, 10:27 AM

Well first of all it is a recommendation so not fraud get that part at least correct.
The op in the first posting did not post the actual service order and how it was "REACOOMENED! That is an important thing when you read the rest of my response! i
The next thing is unless you are present how do you know what the mechanic or technician is seeing?
Dealerships are an independently owned business while there are contractual agreements with MAZDA they can still recommend any service they like! PERIOD plain and simple!!!!

I do realize that MANY service shops not only dealers list recommendations all the time so lets try REAL fricken not filter out dealers alone.
What about all those damn shot your doctor recommends every physical, do you really need them. LOL

If you feel by your own judgement (???) that the recommendation is not necessary, there are 2 things to consider... one do you have the experience or training to decide you don't need them and if not take your vehicle to another service shop and have them do an inspection and recommendation for services?

Geeeez another posting a TSB that is not obviously not service technician....

You have to completely understand what that TSB means... and what they are supposed to use for?
JUST an FYI that TSB does not indicate that Mazda "knows what dealers are up to" thats just funny in itself because who do you think helps generate TSB's ?? Better re-read it again what they are posting. And please READ it and the wording used!!

Oh and this is why some should think about posting them in the first place. Maybe you just all like violating protection copy writ material. That says something in itself!

Old 01-30-2023, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by mazda_nc_dude
Same experience from my last visit. 2018 CX-5 with 30K miles. They tried to talk me into brake fluid flush and fuel system cleaning. My assumption is since they are pretty low on new and used car inventory, they are trying to make more money from their service departments. I am just following the regular maintenance as indicated in my owner's manual.
Soooooooooo did they explain to you the condition of your brake fluid?? Or are you making that judgement call because you feel it was not needed? And again I would love to see that service order recommendation!
You do realize that new car sales are not the bread and butter of new car dealerships, right? LOL

I just love the dis information that gets created on forums and becomes part of that non-facts when someone looks to find supportive comments of some subject material.
It the flat earth believer syndrome... lol

Old 01-30-2023, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Well first of all it is a recommendation so not fraud get that part at least correct.
The op in the first posting did not post the actual service order and how it was "REACOOMENED! That is an important thing when you read the rest of my response! i
The next thing is unless you are present how do you know what the mechanic or technician is seeing?
Dealerships are an independently owned business while there are contractual agreements with MAZDA they can still recommend any service they like! PERIOD plain and simple!!!!

I do realize that MANY service shops not only dealers list recommendations all the time so lets try REAL fricken not filter out dealers alone.
What about all those damn shot your doctor recommends every physical, do you really need them. LOL

If you feel by your own judgement (???) that the recommendation is not necessary, there are 2 things to consider... one do you have the experience or training to decide you don't need them and if not take your vehicle to another service shop and have them do an inspection and recommendation for services?

Geeeez another posting a TSB that is not obviously not service technician....

You have to completely understand what that TSB means... and what they are supposed to use for?
JUST an FYI that TSB does not indicate that Mazda "knows what dealers are up to" thats just funny in itself because who do you think helps generate TSB's ?? Better re-read it again what they are posting. And please READ it and the wording used!!

Oh and this is why some should think about posting them in the first place. Maybe you just all like violating protection copy writ material. That says something in itself!

Seriously? Come on man. The document posted is a perfect. EXACTLY what MAZDA recommends for service of their vehicles. The best you can do is to copy and paste a disclaimer at the bottom about not reproducing the document? What is it with you and the "secret society" of automotive technicians?

Why is it with every thread which comes up about service issues, you try and make anyone posting feel like idiots? You aren't the only one on the forum who understands whats going on. This is why the OP got so much support from other forum members, except you of course....

Old 01-30-2023, 10:38 AM

Before a few of you start... and say "I don't have to or the member does not have to prove" one of my accounts on another forum (which will not be named) banned me for asking a member to provide with all personal information edited or removed service write up and or recommendation to support their claims much like what is being posted on this thread and often on threads in many forums. It was stated in a response that the member did not have to prove anything they said, nor did they have to provide proof of what they said or the actual copy of service and or recommendation. ROLMAO Think about that before you decide to respond please.

Quick Reply: 37k mile recommendations from my dealer service dept