Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2024 Mazda CX 5 non turbo mpg

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2024, 12:24 PM

Man you folks with the hazardous older drivers make me wonder how we got so lucky here in Sun City Texas. Our drivers seem to be good here, most stick to the 35 mph limit, with only a few pushing it to 40 mph. Have seen two ricers cut through the community at high speed but that's it, and i assume they were youngsters. As far as the golf carts and a few SXS, they stay to the right and hum along at 25 mph. Go figure.....and back to OT our AWD average is 27 MPG

Last edited by C264; 03-15-2024 at 02:28 PM.
Old 03-15-2024, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by C264
Man you folks with the hazardous older drivers make me wonder how we got so lucky here in Sun City Texas. Our drivers seem to be good here, most stick to the 35 mph limit, with only a few pushing it to 40 mph. Have seen two ricers cut through the community at high speed but that's it, and i assume they were youngsters. As far as the golf carts and a few SXS, they stay to the right and hum along at 25 mph. Go figure.
Here, we don't worry about the older drivers as much as the entitled ones, mostly driving BMW's and Merc's, that feel stop signs are for the other person, not them, and who feel that they must tailgate anyone in front of them (but, if they can pass and do, they then slow down to a speed lower than the person they passed).

Old 03-16-2024, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by schmieg
(but, if they can pass and do, they then slow down to a speed lower than the person they passed).
That right there is a top pet peeve lol.

Old 03-16-2024, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Alexmed2002
That right there is a top pet peeve lol.
Of course, if they see someone ahead of them, they will speed up to tailgate that person. I think that it's a control thing or they could just be excrement outlet ports.

Old 03-16-2024, 11:16 AM

I'm an old geezer and while I don't tailgate, and I do stop when I'm supposed to, I pass everyone...including unmarked cops and I have the tickets to prove it
I was worse when I still had sportbikes

Old 03-16-2024, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Lobstah
I'm an old geezer and while I don't tailgate, and I do stop when I'm supposed to, I pass everyone...including unmarked cops and I have the tickets to prove it
I was worse when I still had sportbikes
I always obeyed the rules of the road when I was very young.

Old 03-16-2024, 12:11 PM

My first ticket, when I was 17, was for 110 in a 70 zone. Luckily, I had slowed down before the cop could pace my speed.

Old 03-25-2024, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
This is not what one would call average or normal at those speeds. The aerodynamics work against you at any speed above 60mph with most platforms and model shapes like the MAZDA.
More like 60-65 on the actual highway due to the rain today. I was off from work last week so my average is lower than normal for this tank.

Old 03-25-2024, 10:33 AM

A day 's drives or a week drives reporting MPG it not really a basis for an average. They correct way to do it is over at least 6 months and 2 times a year. Otherwise, what we see is more or less owners that are posting their best MPG on short reports.
I.E when we go to Reno Nevad for a day drive my trip is about 150-200 mile round trip and I get on average 47mpg. LOL That is impossible if I did the correct way to "AVAERAGE" mpg.

Old 03-25-2024, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
They correct way to do it is over at least 6 months and 2 times a year.
The CarFax Car Care App is awesome for this along with keeping track of the other maintenance done to your car. It's really nice to be able to follow all the different gas mileage data and see when it's good versus bad.

Quick Reply: 2024 Mazda CX 5 non turbo mpg