Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2021 Touring and Navigation card / ASL

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2021, 05:21 PM
Default 2021 Touring and Navigation card / ASL

Can you add navigation sd card to the touring trim (or carbon edition) and will it display the speed limit on the instrument cluster?
Is there an adjustable speed limiter on the touring trim?
Prospective buyer here, I have been looking for answers on the forum but could not find info on this.

Much appreciated

Old 10-16-2021, 08:52 AM

Anyone has an answer?

Old 10-16-2021, 09:42 AM

If it has an SD card slot in the center console you should be able to add nav.

Here is a thread where someone mentions removing the top speed limiter. https://mazdas247.com/forum/t/top-sp.../#post-6739620 Maybe they could guide you to it.

The speed limiter is set to 130mph. You need more than that???

Last edited by chickdr19; 10-16-2021 at 09:45 AM.
Old 10-16-2021, 10:54 AM

The $60 eBay nav cards apparently function exactly like the $400 cards you can get at your dealer, so what the owner’s manual states about the factory nav system will happen.

The speed limiter cannot be changed without modifying or replacing the PCM. It is not particularly wise to increase the limiter speed regardless how fast the CX might go - do you know why it is set for 130 mph? It is safety issue because the tires are not rated for speeds above that.

Old 10-18-2021, 03:08 PM

Pop the nav card in and drive a few miles to "marry" the card to the VIN. The speed limit will show up on the center display on the map but not the actual cluster (most roads) and goes to red if speeding.
I think there may some customization as to alerts for speeding but that's how mine works and since I also use WAZE and that alerts me at 5 over the limit if that's what you meant by adjustable speed limiter; other than that nothing that would actively prevent you from speeding other than the PCM top speed if it'll even go that fast. 85-90 is all I've done and only briefly when passing or otherwise - I'm usually 3-5 over.

2020 CX Touring, 15,000 miles

Last edited by Tim Turner; 10-18-2021 at 03:10 PM. Reason: To add my model
Old 10-18-2021, 07:53 PM
Default Cx 5 Signature navigation maps

I just purchased a 2021.5 CX 5 Turbo and it has a memory card inside the arm rest. It is really nice, as i don't have to pay expensive data plan rates each month. It also tells you the gas prices in the local area. Weather forecast for nearest BIG city. Not your small town!
What if you copied someones card and put it in your car? I wonder if it would work, or is it vin related?
SIrus radio does not work in my car but i dont care.

Old 10-18-2021, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tim Turner
Pop the nav card in and drive a few miles to "marry" the card to the VIN. The speed limit will show up on the center display on the map but not the actual cluster (most roads) and goes to red if speeding.
I think there may some customization as to alerts for speeding but that's how mine works and since I also use WAZE and that alerts me at 5 over the limit if that's what you meant by adjustable speed limiter; other than that nothing that would actively prevent you from speeding other than the PCM top speed if it'll even go that fast. 85-90 is all I've done and only briefly when passing or otherwise - I'm usually 3-5 over.

2020 CX Touring, 15,000 miles
Thank you for confirming and this is the info I was looking for. So no traffic sign recognition shows on the main cluster? I suppose you need to get the grand touring trim with the digital cluster to have it showing.
ASL is a function that allows you to set up a maximum speed and it will not drive over it. Some Mazda have it, I believe.

Old 10-19-2021, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mazdagus
I just purchased a 2021.5 CX 5 Turbo and it has a memory card inside the arm rest. It is really nice, as i don't have to pay expensive data plan rates each month. It also tells you the gas prices in the local area. Weather forecast for nearest BIG city. Not your small town!
What if you copied someones card and put it in your car? I wonder if it would work, or is it vin related?
SIrus radio does not work in my car but i dont care.
You can clone it to use as a backup for that VIN (unless you clone the card before installing it to a vehicle then it likely would work as it doesn't have an associated VIN written yet).

Old 10-19-2021, 05:54 PM

Higher trims have the traffic sign recognition on the HUD and I forget if it's also on the center display since I don't have it.
All 2020 trims had the adaptive cruise which will hold the speed you set up to 95 (99? I forget but it's in the owners manual) and slow down/speed up depending on traffic but if you feel the need to go faster push the gas manually but you'll lose the automatic braking unless you let off before you get too close to slower traffic.

For those wondering why 133 for a hard cap on the speed it's due to OEM tire speed rating; higher speeds would require a more expensive tire with a higher speed rating.