Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2021 Cx-5 Nav

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2020, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by bobm
So, where is a good place to buy that NAV card - other than the local dealership?
Find the part number for the one you need (double check it!) and Google it. You should find links to them for sale. Check eBay too. That's where I got mine back in 2015 from a dealership out in Arizona I think. If you go the ebay route be sure it's a seller with a good rating and will allow you to return it if something goes awry.

Old 12-18-2020, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Azav8or
I found what should be the correct SD card on EBay. TD2K 66 EZ1. I will give it a try and see if it works. I probably should have waited for the Amazon version to save money, but wanted it now. I looked in to Android Auto but I have a small data plan and prefer using the installed equipment. If I don't end up liking the Mazda system I will try something else. Thanks for your replies.
So Azav8or, Thanks for all you research. Does the TD2K 66 EZ1 Navigation card work in your 2021 GTR work? Any problems with it?

Thanks. I've also got a 2021 GTR.

Old 12-18-2020, 07:47 PM

Still awaiting its arrival.

Old 12-19-2020, 02:13 PM

I found the TD2K 66 EZ1 for our 2021's on Ebay for $75.99 -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2021-Mazda-....m-1#vi-ilComp

There are still some available at that price......

Old 12-19-2020, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by ocinsomniac

Nice! I don't have my CX5 yet but I'm almost tempted to just buy one at that price. If it turns out I end up getting something else there'll always be someone out there who needs one lol

Old 12-19-2020, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by ocinsomniac

Thank you. I just ordered one. But how the heck can this be sold at this price?

Old 12-25-2020, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by pcardoza
I find entering destinations into the OEM Nav system to be way too cumbersome and slow. Voice entry is even worse.
It’s painfully slow and won’t allow me to enter many addresses, despite them being older areas in large cities. I gave up and have been using Apple Carplay

Old 12-25-2020, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by LinMarie
It’s painfully slow and won’t allow me to enter many addresses, despite them being older areas in large cities. I gave up and have been using Apple Carplay
My 2015 is similar. I was hoping they've updated the locations.

This is also one place where a touch screen would be helpful -- punching in addresses. That being said, Apple Maps is probably a lot easier. "Siri, navigate to the Mazda dealer so I can complain about their maps!"

Old 12-26-2020, 06:34 AM

Here's a question - besides getting actual navigation help (though of mediocre quality) is there anything else that having the NAV installed provides?

Old 12-26-2020, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by bobm
Here's a question - besides getting actual navigation help (though of mediocre quality) is there anything else that having the NAV installed provides?
It wasn't worth it on my 2018 Sonata. That required me to get that top of the line trim package and I don't want to think about how much I paid for that. I knew I didn't really need it but the Boy Scout in me kept shouting "Be Prepared!" I kept having these "What if?" thoughts. "What if I take a cross country trip?" "What if I'm somewhere that doesn't have cell service and I get lost?" I haven't run into either of those situations since I bought that car. It's convenient having it built in, but plugging a usb cord into the car and your phone to use Apple or Google Maps isn't difficult either. Totally not worth spending a few extra grand if you don't need the other stuff included in the package.

Of course it's a different story on the Mazdas. They've all got the hardware so all you need to buy is the card with the map software. That might be worth it. I did for my 2015 Mazda3 back in the pre-Car Play days. I really didn't use it all that much but it was better than having to get out the old garmin unit and suction cup it to the windshield.

I totally won't NEED it but if I end up getting a CX5 this spring and I can find the maps at a good price I'll do it.

Quick Reply: 2021 Cx-5 Nav