Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2020 CX-5 Signature Electric Clicking Noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2020, 10:38 AM

2020 CX5 Signature....261 miles....I have the sound!

On first start-up and drive this morning, it was the first time I noticed it. Stopped and restarted and it was still there. Stopped again, for about 20-minutes....after restarting, sound wasn't there!

If injectors...why wouldn't it be present all the time?

Old 03-03-2020, 02:35 AM
Super Moderator

Thermal expansion maybe?

Old 03-03-2020, 02:58 PM

Maybe a bit of both.....source of noise is there...mechanical as it varies with engine speed....and its volume lessens as temperature rises....

Last edited by AndroCX5; 03-03-2020 at 10:10 PM.
Old 03-04-2020, 05:02 PM

I just got my 2020 CX-5 Signature fixed! After 27 days without my vehicle they found that it is the 'high pressure fuel line bracket'. They removed the fuel line bracket, installed insulation to absorb the noise on the bracket and reinstalled it. If you have the issue, take your vehicle to the dealership and tell them that this is the solution and you will have a quiet car! I dealt with 5 managers at the dealer, they contacted Mazda Regional, and Mazda Corporate got involved to get this fixed. Very happy right now.

Old 03-04-2020, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by ThePetes
I just got my 2020 CX-5 Signature fixed! After 27 days without my vehicle they found that it is the 'high pressure fuel line bracket'. They removed the fuel line bracket, installed insulation to absorb the noise on the bracket and reinstalled it. If you have the issue, take your vehicle to the dealership and tell them that this is the solution and you will have a quiet car! I dealt with 5 managers at the dealer, they contacted Mazda Regional, and Mazda Corporate got involved to get this fixed. Very happy right now.
Amazing and wonderful!

Wonder if this can be a DIY....!

I'll go in for my first oil-change in a couple of weeks...I like to do an early one....and I'll speak with service about this.

Old 03-17-2020, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by ThePetes
Can you provide a bit more detail on this repair? A picture would be great. I can't find in schematics something known as a high pressure fuel line bracket. If you can show me where to find this, that would be great. My noise comes and goes - and when I was at the dealer today - it stayed hidden! I'm very early into ownership, so I have time - but I hear this even when it's very slight (I can't NOT hear it). But, for someone such as a technician, I can't point it out to them when it's super low in intensity.

So, any data you can provide would be much appreciated.

Last edited by freeportd; 12-17-2020 at 08:36 AM.
Old 03-21-2020, 12:10 AM
Default Mine too

I just purchased a GT 2020 and same thing. Most annoying noise ever! If you find a solution let me know. I am hoping to reach out to Mazda Canada as the dealership has not been helpful at all.

QUOTE=ThePetes;180685]I just recently purchased a 2020 Mazda CX-5 Signature and noticed there is a very annoying electronic sounding clicking noise.

In the attached audio file (MP3) I captured the sound. I placed the phone on the floor of the vehicle near the gas pedal, as I found the noise is the loudest in that area. Whenever I place my foot on the gas pedal to accelerate you can hear the chirping noise. When I take my foot off of the accelerator it goes away. In the audio file I was driving around 30 MPH. I take my foot off of the gas between the 5 sec and the 8 second mark of the MP3 and between the 13 sec to the 17 sec part. During those times the sound is not present. I have the AC/Heat/Fans off during the test, I have tried it with the radio muted, on the phone where the person was not talking, and on Sirius (muted). All those scenarios do not impact the noise. I have gone into the infotainment system to disable all of the braking/sensor/HUD/radio features and there was no impact there either. To make matters even more complicated the sound will turn on when I am slowing down for a red traffic light. If I am doing around 40 MPH and I am slowing down for a red light with the brake on the sound is gone. Right around the time that I slow down to about 15 MPH the sound will surface again.

Have you all experienced this? Were you able to get it fixed?[/QUOTE]

Old 04-09-2020, 02:30 PM
Default what Dealer did you go to for the fix?

Which dealership did you go to? My dealership is still having troubles and I would love to call your dealer to find out what exactly they did to fix it. Thanks

Originally Posted by AndroCX5
Amazing and wonderful!

Wonder if this can be a DIY....!

I'll go in for my first oil-change in a couple of weeks...I like to do an early one....and I'll speak with service about this.

Old 04-23-2020, 08:04 PM

I’ve got it, too (2020 Signature). It’s a buzzing that you can’t un-hear. It’s only got 600 miles on it, and when I bring it in for an oil change soon, I’ll see if they can fix it. It is annoying.

Old 04-30-2020, 07:48 PM

I've been searching for this problem and have the same thing with my 2019 CX-5 GT Reserve. Same turbo charged engine as Signature. Only have 900 miles and driving me crazy. Interested to see if your dealer fixes like ThePetes. Do you run premium gas? I tried since gas is cheap with COVID going on and thats when I started to notice this sound. Thanks

Quick Reply: 2020 CX-5 Signature Electric Clicking Noise