Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2020 CX-5 Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2023, 10:26 AM

Posting twice the same response does that mean you actually paid $1100.00 for your brake service ? LOL

Welcome to the forum.

Many service procedure that people are accustom to are long gone. So it may be recommended that you all get use to NEW service scheduling and normal wear parts like BRAKES.

The use of NONE OEM brakes parts during your Mazda warranty period only means that they wiull not be covered under Mazda and you would need to have any warranty on the parts through the service provider that installed them. Likely there is a limited labor time generally only 90 days after which you would need to pay for any labor to replace warrantied parts. But check with your service contract you signed when you had the service done for the exact information.
I am not sure how the parking brake caused premature or earlier then normal brake pad and rotor wear. How was that explained to you???????
I think someone may have gotten some information incorrect/inaccurate?

The Parking brake is a stationary braking device. Technically and operationally speaking if it were not for the other braking monitoring and control devices the use of the parking brake should not have caused you the need to replace your rotor and pad at that early miles?

Last edited by Callisto; 05-31-2023 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-31-2023, 02:08 PM
grf
Default The brakes cost $550 and were Mazda approved.

Originally Posted by Callisto
Posting twice the same response does that mean you actually paid $1100.00 for your brake service ? LOL

Welcome to the forum.

Many service procedure that people are accustom to are long gone. So it may be recommended that you all get use to NEW service scheduling and normal wear parts like BRAKES.

The use of NONE OEM brakes parts during your Mazda warranty period only means that they wiull not be covered under Mazda and you would need to have any warranty on the parts through the service provider that installed them. Likely there is a limited labor time generally only 90 days after which you would need to pay for any labor to replace warrantied parts. But check with your service contract you signed when you had the service done for the exact information.
I am not sure how the parking brake caused premature or earlier then normal brake pad and rotor wear. How was that explained to you???????
I think someone may have gotten some information incorrect/inaccurate?

The Parking brake is a stationary braking device. Technically and operationally speaking if it were not for the other braking monitoring and control devices the use of the parking brake should not have caused you the need to replace your rotor and pad at that early miles?
The brakes cost $550 and were Mazda approved - they were premium brakes but not Mazda. Why put in brakes that will fry in under 2 years for sure - paid more and hopefully got better brakes. Thanks Ross

Old 05-31-2023, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by grf
The brakes cost $550 and were Mazda approved - they were premium brakes but not Mazda. Why put in brakes that will fry in under 2 years for sure - paid more and hopefully got better brakes. Thanks Ross
Not sure what that means Mazda Approved? I am wondering how that was presented to you? But that your business. Replacing any none OEM part is fine you just don't get a MAZDA warranty unless Mazda Corp directly authorized it and they would send you a notification. If you were told that I hope it is in writing.
As for longevity ...this is also an interesting read, and again I hope that no one told you any specific wear life and if so you also have that in writing. There is aftermarket warranty for mileage and length of time from original purchase but this is aftermarket parts and it varies depending on brand and the vendor suppling it. I do recommend that anyone buying any parts make sure they are an authorized retailer, or you may not get any warranty if it is ever needed. .

Last edited by Callisto; 05-31-2023 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-31-2023, 02:45 PM
grf

Originally Posted by Callisto
Not sure what that means Mazda Approved? I am wondering how that was presented to you? But that your business. Replacing any none OEM part is fine you just don't get a MAZDA warranty unless Mazda Corp directly authorized it and they would send you a notification. If you were told that I hope it is in writing.
As for longevity ...this is also an interesting read, and again I hope that no one told you any specific wear life and if so you also have that in writing. There is aftermarket warranty for mileage and length of time from original purchase but this is aftermarket parts and it varies depending on brand and the vendor suppling it. I do recommend that anyone buying any parts make sure they are an authorized retailer, or you may not get any warranty if it is ever needed. .
The parts are fine for Mazda but the original Mazda parts did not perform well and they will not cover them by the warranty anyway. I am resigned to replacing them again in a few years. My bigger problem is that I have a fancy red Mazda and the paint chips easily - About half of the cars like mine that I see with this colour also have a chipping problem and Mazda will not cover that either as they say it is my fault - my 6 year old Nissan with similar driving experience has virtually no paint chips and it is only the red Mazdas that have this problem but it is my problem not theirs - WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER MAZDA IS MY RESPONSE - YOU SHOULDN'T EITHER.

Old 05-31-2023, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by grf
The parts are fine for Mazda but the original Mazda parts did not perform well and they will not cover them by the warranty anyway. I am resigned to replacing them again in a few years. My bigger problem is that I have a fancy red Mazda and the paint chips easily - About half of the cars like mine that I see with this colour also have a chipping problem and Mazda will not cover that either as they say it is my fault - my 6 year old Nissan with similar driving experience has virtually no paint chips and it is only the red Mazdas that have this problem but it is my problem not theirs - WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER MAZDA IS MY RESPONSE - YOU SHOULDN'T EITHER.
Oh great another member joining just to beech about his Mazda!
You can not compare other platforms and if you did maybe have a closer look at the similar model and shape of the vehicles and their chips in the front paint. It is in the front to be sure. If your Mazda has many chips other then the front enmd hood then ya it where and how you drive and park.
I service RED Mazda and also have 2 friends with RED Mazda's . Neither have that many chips and also comparing my Mazda I still have moire. But then I drive my Mazda in all condition except off road. Thats what I bought it for to drive. If I was so worried about the paint I would have done a clear bra or clear wrap on the complete front end. BTW my 2002 MINI I had to repaint the Gun Metal Grey Metalic twice because of chip in the front end. Get it 2002!!!! Then I wrapped the complete front end and also the head lights.

The RED is not the problem it is happening with all colors. The internet is full of less then the best information when it comes to owners of RED Mazdas. . My Mazda is Mica and it has just as many front end chips as any RED Mazda out there. I really doubt Mazda said it was your fault?

Old 05-31-2023, 05:38 PM

Another Mazda complainer for sure.
It's Mazda OEM or it isn't, end of story.
Any dealer will "approve" whatever brakes you want to put on, but they won't necessarily warranty them.
The number of years between replacing brake parts is totally irrelevant without knowing how you drive and how many miles you drive in a year.
I get 40K plus miles consistently on my vehicles, my wife was lucky to get 25K until I instructed here on correct braking procedures.
If their Nissan is so great, why didn't they just buy another one?

Old 05-31-2023, 06:41 PM

IME, all cars that are highway driven or driven where there's truck traffic, get paint chips whether it's a Ford, Nissan, Toyota or Mazda.
It just seems to happen a little sooner with the Mazda...should have got the PPF.🤦🏼‍♂️
The Mazda is the only one I've had to have major repairs but I still like how it drives and looks.

But why are people not allowed to complain about their experiences? Aren't forums supposed to be for exchange of knowledge, and posting both positive and negative experiences ??

Last edited by kilroy22; 06-01-2023 at 04:22 AM.
Old 05-31-2023, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by kilroy22
IME, all cars that are highway driven or driven where there's truck traffic, get paint chips whether it's a Ford, Nissan, Toyota or Mazda.
It just seems to happen a little sooner with the Mazda...should have got the PPF.🤦🏼‍♂️The Mazda is the only one I've had to have major repairs but I still like how it drives and looks.

But why are people not allowed to complain about their experiences? Aren't forums supposed to be for exchange of knowledge, and posting both positive and negative experiences ??
Lol. Yep! But not according to some folks.

Old 06-01-2023, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by kilroy22
It just seems to happen a little sooner with the Mazda...should have got the PPF.🤦🏼‍♂️
The Mazda is the only one I've had to have major repairs but I still like how it drives and looks.

I use the forum for "knowledge" about the CX-5 not viewing someone's "personal complaints" about it.
GFR posted no knowledge just a personal complaint plus this: WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER MAZDA IS MY RESPONSE - YOU SHOULDN'T EITHER.
Not someone I would look for "knowledge" from for my CX-5 or any Mazda.

Old 06-02-2023, 02:15 AM
Default Brakes frequency. Excessive wear reason.

Originally Posted by grf
The brakes need to be done more OFTEN because you are using AUTONOMOUS BRAKING. This system applies brakes to often to be cautious, because it does not have a human brain, hence more braking leads to excessive wear on pads. Hence i only use auto brakes and cruise on highways only and not in city driving. The thickness of rotors is not the problem, unless you purchased real cheapo junk rotors and pads, which I doubt you would do.

Quick Reply: 2020 CX-5 Brakes