Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2.5T piston ring failure

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2023, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
I never did find the reason that cause the piston to crack down the side? Maybe Gremlins?

Drag racing in one of my past cars at Sac Raceway missed a shift at 7000 rpm and the motor free spun to 8600 logged on the tail-tale Tack
All the intake valves end up logged in pistons head chambers and bent over and even a few valve pieces blew out the exhaust.
ops! LOL
Ahh. The old "money-shift."

Old 02-18-2024, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by DonaldDenniss
the part that you are assuming all dealership do not have MAZDA certified or ASE certified automotive technicians on their employee. If so you would be MYTH-staken.LOL
FIRST really dude you are late to the party. See the last time this thread was responded in before your response, and I might add basically off topic? Last response before yours was 10-13-2023, 01:13 PM
You do realize there is a universal descriptive name for members on forums that do this ..right? lol
Not sure where you get your information on employment of dealerships but under, I believe all the big ones there is NO requirement that the independent business have neither a factory certified technician or independent certified automotive Technician employed. It not a MYTH it's just house business are run in most countries. You can hire whomever you want!
For a period of time as I am ASE I was often temporarily employed for some specific service work at a couple of the larger dealership in my area. WHY? Because that did not have or were shorthanded having an automotive diagnostic technician employed with them. This opportunity also had the advantage that i can independently do warranty approved work at an independent service shop outside the dealership and be able t6o sign off on approved warranty work with a few auto manufactures.