Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2.5T piston ring failure

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2022, 12:20 PM

nothing goes over my head...
Now that's funny right there. Name:  1f602.png
Views: 525
Size:  1.2 KB​​​​​​​

Old 10-11-2022, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Dennis Wendt
Now that's funny right there.
Thats, correct I read the responses and information and think about first how accurate it is, who the member is that posted it, and how to respond that will either support more facts and helpful information on the exact subject and to clear up some posted information that distracts from that? There are a few members that seem to have a predilection for posting less the factual, experienced and verifiable information on this forum as well other forums. Specifically, MAZDA related. I see them posting on other forums doing the same thing, but not to many that even bother with them and their responses. Some are downright funny.
I did not see you post who it was you worked for that manufactured pistons or other auto parts? If it was any manufacture that is reasonably known in the industry chances, are I have contacts and can verify any information about them with a call. I am still an active member of SEMA.

Old 10-11-2022, 01:08 PM

If you must know, I'm retired from Mercury Marine. I've worked in the foundry, the steel machine shop and the assembly areas
and the warehouse. they started outsourcing pistons form most engines back in the early 70's. The pistons for smaller engines
were die cast.

Old 10-11-2022, 01:25 PM

Isn't it funny Dennis? The more proof you have the more doubt Calli throws your way.... He just can't accept others on the forum have anything useful to add. If you bring up another manufacturer? He asks to you to stick to Mazda. If you bring up another part failing as an example, he wants you to stay on the topic at hand (i.e. failed pistons as in this thread). Then he casts aspersions on the OP as he doubts what he says is true "What I read in the first post does not make since because there would have been a few DTC's I can think of that would have been generated if such engine occurrences were actually happening.". You seriously can't ever "win" with this guy...

I mean seriously, why would the OP post about it if it didn't happen as he said it did? He wasn't denied the warranty repair so Mazda obviously accepts the issue was a Mazda defect (I know Calli will jump on the use of the term defect as he never thinks anything on a Mazda is defective- see the sunroof thread lol...).

Last edited by chickdr19; 10-11-2022 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10-11-2022, 01:33 PM

True that. Even pointing out alternate oil filter choices are a target for Dr. Arroganto.
He "knows" what the difference is between the otherwise identical Mazda oil filters are (if there is any difference), but won't
tell us. etc., etc., etc., and so forth.

Old 10-11-2022, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
Isn't it funny Dennis? The more proof you have the more doubt Calli throws your way.... He just can't accept others on the forum have anything useful to add. If you bring up another manufacturer? He asks to you to stick to Mazda. If you bring up another part failing as an example, he wants you to stay on the topic at hand (i.e. failed pistons as in this thread). Then he casts aspersions on the OP as he doubts what he says is true "What I read in the first post does not make since because there would have been a few DTC's I can think of that would have been generated if such engine occurrences were actually happening.". You seriously can't ever "win" with this guy...

I mean seriously, why would the OP post about it if it didn't happen as he said it did? He wasn't denied the warranty repair so Mazda obviously accepts the issue was a Mazda defect (I know Calli will jump on the use of the term defect as he never thinks anything on a Mazda is defective- see the sunroof thread lol...).
There is NO proof it is the same cause on the OP MAZDA ? Where are you reading this information? lol
I do accept there is good information from some members on many forums that is genuine and not crowd or group supported on there theories un-fact based or proven. You are one of the worst but a great group follower on a few forums. LOL
Dude I never said that. And this comes from someone that does not know how to find the correct part number for a air filter. LOL
I see and repair MAZDA problem in the last few years noticing MAZDA more having one then ever before. But it it no more or less than any other platform.

As for your lame deduction about the DTC clearly indicates NO understand of how the MAZDA or for that matter any OBDII and CAN-bus ECU programing works. ROLMAO. I was not droughting anything the opt posted only extrapolating that information and making comments based on actually knowing how the ECU programing is developed and how it works. LOL

Old 10-11-2022, 01:50 PM

True that. Even pointing out alternate oil filter choices are a target for Dr. Arroganto.
He "knows" what the difference is between the otherwise identical Mazda oil filters are (if there is any difference), but won't
tell us. etc., etc., etc., and so forth.
derogatory name calling again. I love it only on the internet. LOL
You got this wrong dude better go read that thread again. I posted information that came directly from the company that makes branded name oil filters that tested the MAZDA oil filters and the different part number that MAZDA offers. Get your information correct of you are going to try to include me in your responses.

Here is the thing, I do all the preparing and then the cooking and you want to then eat the bread without helping.? Get the analogy, I do research and testing and post it only to have people like you that tend argue it down and discredit it or want proof on top of proof and then will ask for empirical data and then will argue if that was true or not. Been there done that now I keep most of that to myself and professionals that understand the method of testing and results findings.

Old 10-11-2022, 03:08 PM

I posted information that came directly from the company that makes branded name oil filters that tested the MAZDA oil filters and the different part number that MAZDA offers.
Problem is, you didn't post the results or the difference between the two Mazda filters. I and others know that the Mazda filters are made by Denso. They are identical in
appearance and have different part numbers due to being made in two different factories and countries. The media MIGHT be different, but IF you know, you didn't indicate that that was the difference. Extra special super secret information?
As it likely is, factory filters are good filters, but there are better ones available aftermarket.
And as I've stated before, there is no down side to using an oversize filter.

​​​​​​​

Old 10-11-2022, 04:09 PM

Problem is, you didn't post the results or the difference between the two Mazda filters. I and others know that the Mazda filters are made by Denso. They are identical in
appearance and have different part numbers due to being made in two different factories and countries. The media MIGHT be different, but IF you know, you didn't indicate that that was the difference. Extra special super secret information?
As it likely is, factory filters are good filters, but there are better ones available aftermarket.
And as I've stated before, there is no down side to using an oversize filter.
I didnt post results because I did the test for my own personal information. I stated that I did not want to debate how it was done nor the results.
LOL dude not all MAZDA oil filters are made by Denso would love to see where you got that BS information from> Source please. LOL
They are not identical in appearance... this itself suggest you have not physically had them in your possession to examine firsthand and are looking at internet pictures. LOL
Wouldn't want to comment on the media used because it would open up more from the peanut gallery members.
Its not SUPER SECRET but I challenge you to try to get an aftermarket oil filter manufacture or even MAZDA to tell you complete specification on any of them. So why should I post what I found? LOL
What does oversize filters have to do with anything you have posted today except a fishing line bait in hopes I will respond to that comment. But you and I both know I blew up any reasonable and technical value in using them other than to satisfy a persona and long dismissed theory about using them on engine not having them form the factory or not in competition use in a high dirt or dusty air filled or sever operating environment.

Dennis once again your continued challenges to me on my posted information only serves to show while you are a regular contributing member on this forum much of your posted information technically speaking and should be very questionable to anyone reading it?​​​​​​​

Old 10-11-2022, 04:37 PM

I HAVE had both filters in my hands and I've seen them taken apart. They are identical with the possible exception of the
media itself and the country of origin. Denso makes filters for several, possibly all Japanese auto makers under the auto brand. The design is used on several other
Japanese MFGs engines. Toyota for one. Denso also markets oil filters under their own name.
Same design as Mazda filters. Anti drain back valve on some applications if called for.
Some testing results in rating Denso filters as generally decent if not superior, filters. Most auto filters are roughly 95% @ 30um.
Top of the line aftermarket filters are better than that.

Quick Reply: 2.5T piston ring failure