Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

10 Useful CX-5 attributes you may not know

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2022, 08:04 AM
CEB

Originally Posted by kaehlin
As far as sound, personal preference, age, source, and type of music come into play. I have Centerpoint set at 2 for now, but I'm glad there is an opportunity to adjust this. It changes the sound quite a bit.
I suppose. I guess changing the sound of the original recording is like changing the ingredients in a food recipe. You can make it your way but, it is not the real deal.

Old 06-14-2022, 10:17 AM

I have one more tip to add. A seat cushion in the passenger seat will block the passenger airbag from enabling and the passenger airbag off light shows. If you need the added cushion because of back issues, put a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil 12 by 14 inches on the seat underneath the cushion and it will let the airbag be enabled for the passenger seat and the passenger airbag on light will show. (Thanks to a person on the Subaru forum for the tip)

Old 06-14-2022, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Tbrxx1
I have one more tip to add. A seat cushion in the passenger seat will block the passenger airbag from enabling and the passenger airbag off light shows. If you need the added cushion because of back issues, put a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil 12 by 14 inches on the seat underneath the cushion and it will let the airbag be enabled for the passenger seat and the passenger airbag on light will show. (Thanks to a person on the Subaru forum for the tip)
So, it's not just weight that enables the passenger airbag? So you know in what way the foil enables the airbag?

Thanks..................... Frank

Old 06-17-2022, 10:16 AM

Here is a copy from another Mazda forum on passenger seat issues. I can't find the Subaru forum where I found out about using foil.
Originally Posted by Tim Turner
I knew Cadillac used a capacitance type sensor but went to Alldata to verify that Mazda did as well before posting

"Warning• If an additional, thick seat cushion is placed on the seat cushion, the occupant classification sensor will determine that there are no occupants (child is seated on child-restraint seat or seat is unoccupied) and, as a result, the air bag may not operate (deploy). If an occupant (adult) is to be seated in the front passenger’s seat, do not place an additional thick cushion on the seat cushion.
• If the occupant is seated in an extremely unusual manner, such as at the front of the seat, the occupant classification sensor will determine that there are no occupants (child is seated on child-restraint seat or seat is unoccupied) even if the occupant (adult) is seated on the front passenger’s seat because the area of the seated occupant is smaller and, as a result, the air bag may not operate (deploy) if the vehicle is involved in a collision. If an occupant is seated in the front passenger’s seat, verify that they are seated in the correct posture.
• If the seat cushion becomes dampened, the occupant classification sensor will determine that the front passenger’s seat is occupied by a child or unoccupied, or that an occupant (adult) is seated and, as a result, the air bag may operate (deploy) if the vehicle is involved in a collision. If the front passenger’s seat has been dampened, do not seat a child requiring a child-restraint seat on the seat.Caution• If an object with a high dialectic constant (such as bottled liquid) is placed on the front passenger’s seat, the occupant classification sensor will determine that an occupant (adult) is seated and, as a result, the air bag may operate (deploy) if the vehicle is involved in a collision.
• If an electric device such as a personal computer is placed on the front passenger’s seat, the occupant classification sensor will determine that an occupant (adult) is seated and, as a result, the air bag may operate (deploy) if the vehicle is involved in a collision even if the seat is unoccupied."

"Detection function
• Because the capacitance changes according to the following, the occupant classification sensor detects the presence of an occupant based on the change amount.― Dialectic constant of sensor mat and material (such as cushion material and occupant clothing) between sensor mat
― Area of sensor mat matching area (buttocks, thigh) of seated occupant
― Distance between sensor mat and occupant (buttocks, thigh)"

I ran into this a lot in the service dept; usually electronics or heavy purses, in my case it's usually mail and/or groceries.