Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

10 Useful CX-5 attributes you may not know

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2022, 01:18 AM
Thumbs up 10 Useful CX-5 attributes you may not know

Old 06-07-2022, 04:14 PM

Thanks!

A couple of those tips I did not know. Very helpful

Old 06-09-2022, 06:58 AM

I came across that video the other day.
I forgot all about posting it here, glad you did.
Though I knew most of the info when I watched the video, I was not aware that Mazda set the factory default setting for the Bose sound system to "off".
I'd like to know whose bright idea that was.
What a huge difference when I turned it on.

Old 06-09-2022, 05:39 PM
CEB

Tell me there is a place on my 2022 CX5 Premium Plus where I can find the readout for individual tire PSI. Just kidding. I know it does not exist and I'm stilled pissed that Mazda doesn't include such a simple valuable feature on the vehicle.

Old 06-10-2022, 06:51 AM

That was a good video, even though I read the manual all the way through, there were some things I missed and the salesperson did not cover. Thanks for sharing it!

Old 06-10-2022, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lobstah
I came across that video the other day.
I forgot all about posting it here, glad you did.
Though I knew most of the info when I watched the video, I was not aware that Mazda set the factory default setting for the Bose sound system to "off".
I'd like to know whose bright idea that was.
What a huge difference when I turned it on.
The info on the Bose sound system is in fact misleading and depends on your personal choice. First of all, the Bose system is always "ON" whether you turn on or turn off Bose Centerpoint, i.e., you have the Bose system with its speakers within the car utilized all the time. Bose Audiopilot, on the other hand, has to do with noise cancellation and I will give it a try on my next drive.

What the Bose Centerpoint does is to output higher treble and give a more centralized audio to all passengers. However, it comes at a price and in my case when I turn on Bose Centerpoint, I do have significant loss in bass output. I read on another forum and the decision on this is split and as I said before, it is a personal choice/preference. If you like more bass (like I do), turn off the Bose Centerpoint. If you like more centralized output and higher treble, then turn it on. There might be more people loving bass (just a guess) and that is most likely why Mazda decided to turn Bose Centerpoint off by default.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by M4C3; 06-10-2022 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-10-2022, 04:22 PM

My Bose Audiopilot is off, I'm not so old or lazy that I can change the volume manually
The passenger configuration that you speak of is the Bose Surroundstage which is always on, you can't turn it off.
The Bose Centerpoint:uses a proprietary Bose algorithm to analyze the stereo signal and convert it into multiple channels, enabling greater detail when reproducing music from nearly any source, including AM/FM or satellite radio, CDs and digital music files.
I like the highest fidelity sound I can get from whatever music source I'm listening to which is why I have it turned on.
Bouncing down the round on a bass woofer isn't my idea of music but I fully understand there are plenty of folks out there who like a good "kicker" in their ***.

Old 06-11-2022, 07:57 AM
CEB

Originally Posted by Lobstah
My Bose Audiopilot is off, I'm not so old or lazy that I can change the volume manually
The passenger configuration that you speak of is the Bose Surroundstage which is always on, you can't turn it off.
The Bose Centerpoint:uses a proprietary Bose algorithm to analyze the stereo signal and convert it into multiple channels, enabling greater detail when reproducing music from nearly any source, including AM/FM or satellite radio, CDs and digital music files.
I like the highest fidelity sound I can get from whatever music source I'm listening to which is why I have it turned on.
Bouncing down the round on a bass woofer isn't my idea of music but I fully understand there are plenty of folks out there who like a good "kicker" in their ***.
I agree. Isn't the whole point to replicate the sound of the original recording without some overly exaggerated annoying booming bass?

Old 06-11-2022, 01:28 PM

Yes, replicating the original recording is exactly what this audiophile thinks.
Unfortunately, we are no longer in the days of analog recordings we are in the "daze" of MP3/4 and digitally compressed music.
With much of it using digital created instrument files instead of people playing actual instruments.
IMHO, a loud thumping woofer works in the same vain as straight pipes on a HD

Old 06-12-2022, 07:48 AM

As far as sound, personal preference, age, source, and type of music come into play. I have Centerpoint set at 2 for now, but I'm glad there is an opportunity to adjust this. It changes the sound quite a bit.

Quick Reply: 10 Useful CX-5 attributes you may not know