Mazda CX-30 The place to discuss the newest compact SUV addition to Mazda's lineup.

Speed warnings cannot be disabled on european Mazda3 and CX-30 2024

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2023, 12:36 AM
Default Speed warnings cannot be disabled on european Mazda3 and CX-30 2024

Problem at this moment is in all Mazda 3 and CX30 2024 European models .
See my video:

Please spread this information throughput all Mazda forum and info channels.
Lets force Mazda to do something with this.

Mandatory equipment for new cars in the EU. ISA system - monitoring the speed and giving an acoustic signal if it is exceeded. This system, for example in Mazda 3, does not work properly and cannot be turned off.
I understand that it is required by European legislation, but Mazda's solution makes it impossible to use the car. The ISA system in Mazda involves emitting an audible signal for approximately 5 seconds when exceeding the speed limit.
This is a loud sound that lasts for several seconds. I don't need to write how irritating this is. Given the choice between sound and vibration, Mazda chose the most unpleasant option - sound.
Additionally, the sound signal is loud and distracting to the driver. The signal is activated even when exceeding 2-3 km/h.
Even though the menu is set to activate after exceeding the speed limit by 10 km/h, it is still activated even when the speed limit is exceeded by a minimum of 2-3 km/h.
Additionally, the European legislator is aware that the system will not always work properly and recommends that it be possible to temporarily turn it off. Mazda doesn't have this option.
There is only an option to turn off sounds for all security systems. I don't need to explain to anyone how dangerous this solution is. Above is a video showing the activation of the ISA system.
In this case, it was activated when the speed was exceeded by 10 km, but as I wrote, it is activated even when the speed is exceeded by 2-3 km/h. I also include a link to the European regulations.

European Road Safety Charter: https://road-safety-charter.ec.europ...ring%20driving.

Old 10-14-2023, 06:30 AM
Default Speeds not registering

My brand new CX-30 does not always register the correct speed. Sometimes it states the road is 20mph when it is 30mph so when I drive at 25mph the irritating beeping starts. Mazda do no lt recognise this as a fault!