Mazda CX-30 The place to discuss the newest compact SUV addition to Mazda's lineup.

Brake Pads and Discs need replacing after 21k miles

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2024, 11:10 AM

Callisto, you are definitely a company man.

One of your service departments gave me the numbers, so how do you respond to that?

My future son in law had the same experience, and he is no cowboy. Callisto, how do you explain that?

Hardly anyone posts on the internet, good or bad.

Sincerely,

"Junior member" with over 1,000,000 miles under my belt with many different autos (it is called experience and wisdom)

"Junior member" with 1,000,000 miles under my belt (it is called experience and wisdom)

Sincerely,
"Junior member" with 1,000,000 miles under my belt (it is called experience and wisdom)

cannot be compared from manufacture to manufacture This is a ridiculous statement to make. Please refer to my example of Mercedes that had metallic brake pads. Anyone that knows a jingle about breaks knows that metallic pads are the fastest wearing pads available.

To the comment regarding cruise control, it is a very small amount of overall miles driven in the U.S. In my case, it is nil.

Callisto, when one vehemently opposes comment or opinions, they are not conducive to chatroom material. Yes, COMPANY MAN in the room to attempt to control the narrative.

Last edited by rickmay; 01-24-2024 at 11:15 AM. Reason: addition
Old 01-24-2024, 11:36 AM

Company MAN ROLMAO

Dude I am ASE, I don't engineer and develop any aftermarket parts for the MAZDA platform. (Read between the lines of information what and who I am and who I may work for) hint it aint a auto manufacture or dealership ! ) Its a saturated market I do occasionally work on them, but these days that what I have great mechanics and auto techs working here to do the dirty work(unless it has to do with WARRATY work then only I do that as I am the only one qualified to sign off on it with a few auto manufactures) LOL , ( I do inspect ALL there done in the shop when I am here ) we get Mazda's in the shop every week.

There is no list that MADZA USA or MAZDA Corp would give out pertaining to any number of service work and what it was and if were a dealership employee (dealerships are independent business) it is not official or data based information in any way. The exception may be a safety recall and that would be through the NTSB and I don't think even they give actual numbers of effected vehicles?

Like I said if you are that negative DONT PURCHASE MADZA.

But you seem to want to make points that cannot be supported confirmed or data back FACTs?

So go ahead continue on. But I do find it strange that you come here first for information and now you are the guru of none facts and data. lol

I do want to add that your information about brake pads is so shallow and inaccurate I wonder how you gauge experience levels.
Brake pads with higher content of metal will wear the disc/rotor much sooner the none metalic pads. Full racing metalic pads and corresponding rotors/disc will both wear very fast depending on the driver and driving condition or track they are used on. It also depends on the tire and the tire compound or design. Might as well toss in suspension has a effect on longevity and braking performance of pads and rotors/disc. Also GVW .
Oh I have a line of BBKs I engineered and developed and are sold worldwide for a couple decades now.

Last edited by Callisto; 01-24-2024 at 11:47 AM.
Old 01-24-2024, 12:25 PM