Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

Removing Crossmember Under Oil Pan

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2020, 07:11 PM
Default Removing Crossmember Under Oil Pan

I'm trying to remove the oil pan on a '92 B2600i, 2WD. I have done this about a million times on other vehicles, but this one is giving me fits. There is this 'crossmember' directly under the pan. I know that this needs to come out. I'm just not sure how to do that even though it looks simple. It attaches via two bolts at either end, to a bracket just inboard of the lower A-arms. I have a Haynes, Chilton and Mazda Shop manual for this truck and they all basically just say "remove it." Okay, so I cracked the nuts loose and removed one bolt out of either end. I got one more bolt halfway out - and now everything is jammed tight. It's as though there's a big load on this thing (outward, as if you're trying to stretch it) and I can't see why. It seems like it's mainly some kind of stiffener (and attachment for the skid plate) because it appears - to me anyway - that everything would be just fine without it. But now the bolts are jammed solid and I can't even get them to loosen by prying on the ends. I could force the issue, but I'm kind of afraid of something popping loose or splaying out - or at least that I couldn't get the damn thing back in and aligned. Any input would be most appreciated. Sorry this is so long.

Old 11-25-2020, 07:28 AM

My only experience is with B2200.

Is there a way to use a floor jack to lift up on the engine or cross-member? On the B2200, the cross-member R&R is not difficult (but helps to mark which side is driver and which side is passenger).