Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

2010 UN BT50 Key issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2024, 04:28 PM
Default 2010 UN BT50 Key issue

I'm a newbie with Mazda.
I recently
acquired the recommended OBD2 scan tool and the extended paid version of Forscan.
I already knew I had a key problem as my only working key now causes a key (immobilizer) on dash.
Forscan shows a DTCWARN) [12:31:24.688] DTCs in PCM: P1624-FF
Attempts to remove code unsuccessful as key not recognized.
They key fits and worked until I fitted everything into a new housing, triggering dash light.
I purchased the scanner and forscan to reprogram key as I'm 300km from Perth metro and have no access to locksmith as they want Ute to reprogram new key/transponder.
I obviously need to reprogram key before I can remove code.
Can anyone guide me to where I can reprogram key , I saw a YouTube of it being done to a Mazda 3, but now cant find it.
Not a lot of Mazda stuff that I can find.
Email sent to FORScan who advise that my 2010 BT 50, Quote. "This car has no Ford PATS, it is Mazda platform and Mazda engine, and has Mazda immobilizer. Dealership scanner doesn't program PATS on this car, sorry. You can request a refund for the Extended License, if you want.
A guy in a YouTube programmed 2 new key to a BL Mazda 3 around 2009...
, I discovered BT50 platform and Mazda 3 are different.

Well I'm looking at a way to reprogram my key transponder, please don't say go to Mr Minute as they need a working key to copy.
I need the PCM to recognise the chip.
Is there any software available specifically for Mazda BT50?
I've since had the vehicle at the local Mazda dealer, they couldn't access the system to find the issue.
There is a facebook user in Victoria Australia, who offer and exchange PCM-Immobiliser service.
I've removed the PCM and immobilizer, and will take to Perth WA to be tested along with Original key.
However I wish to inspect the key lock coil, but don't how, are there any clip to guide for a 2010 BT50

TIA
Kappy