Mazda 323,Mazda 626 & Mazda 929 Whether the compact 323, the mid sized 626, or the full sized 929, these vehicles remain very popular even though production has stopped.

Ok I am finally getting my parts in

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Default Ok I am finally getting my parts in

Got my parts to do my rear drum/break job. I didn't get any drums yet. Because I want to take the old ones in to see if I can get them resurfaced. Not sure how much that will cost but hopefull its not to much ( plan on getting them off in about a few mins, and take them to get resurfaced).

I got the wheel cly in today and the shoes.

Any thing I should know befor I do this?

I want to make sure I know what I am doing.

Please post soon if I am forgetting.

I will be doing this today/tonight.

Later

Old 01-10-2006, 11:15 PM
Default RE: Ok I am finally getting my parts in

Repair should go just fine Alucard. Just make note of how things came apart and put them back together the same way. Clean the parts and backing plate up good with brake cleaner and make sure you put a little lubricant on the backing plate where the shoes rest on it. Three places for each brake shoe. I use antiseize compound but a little white lithium grease will work good too. Also make sure you don't set the mechanical adjuster wedge in too far or it will not self-adjust. Should have 4-5 teeth on the adjuster visible and that should be fine.

Old 01-10-2006, 11:30 PM

Ok well I got the drums off just fine and the good news is they where just fine and all I had to do was just take them to get resurfaced or turned. The only problem I had with that is out of four of the autozones I went to couldn't do it but the first O'riely I went to could do it but they had now one working that knew how to do it this time of night. But they will be done in the morning. I cleaned off all the parts with break cleaner and every thing looks good. It was to dark out for me to do any more.

But I went out and bought a one man bleader kit. One question how does it work? I have never use one nore have I blead my break line befor. I have my service guild/manual so it does kind of tell me. But I would like to have some one kind of give me a run threw.

But all in all I was able to get those darned retaining screws off this time.

Any way for the most part its going a lot smoother than I though.

Thanks for the help Babyhuey and every one else.

Old 01-11-2006, 02:14 AM

The instruction for using the brake kit should be included and depends on the type that you purchased. Most just intail you opening the bleeder screw ( 8mm ) and hooking up the kit. After that will just be making sure the master cylinder resevoir is full and pumping the brake pedal and that will usually do the trick. The kit should take care of making sure that air is not drawn back into the system which is the whole idea behind the one-man-bleeder kit. You will do fine Alucard. You are a better mechanic than you think you are. Wish I had a fellow tech working with me that was as well thought out as you are.

Old 01-11-2006, 02:25 AM

LOL thanks Babyhuey that means a lot.

I just want to get every thing right the first time. I just want to make sure I have the right tools and instruction for the job at hand.

Cars are my life. I just love my little 323 and I just want to have it runing great.

I haven't opened the kit yet I didn't see any instructions but there probly there I just need to look.

Thanks for the help.

Old 01-11-2006, 02:49 AM

You will do fine Alucard. If any questions about what to do or problems then we are here to help with a little guidance as needed. That is why we are all doing this on the forum right??