Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

I finally get my 3 back

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 12:28 PM
Default I finally get my 3 back

Well, all the repairs are done, and today I go pick it up at the shop. Was in there for two weeks.I originally bought the car November 30th, 2006. The next day as I was driving a semi made a right turn from the left lane, and I was unlucky enough to be in his blind spot. It clipped the car and dragged me about 15 - 20 ft. No frame damage, but it ripped off the hood, smashed in the left fender, and smashed in the driver's door. Damage was a little less than 5k.

It was my first car accident. Do any of you remember your first accident?

*Edit* I wrote the date in wrong, just changed it.

Old 01-20-2007, 01:30 PM
Default RE: I finally get my 3 back

sure do...
i was driving my parents '89 4runner at the time, and
i was coming home from lunch last year (the day before the march break) and i guess i pushed too much gas around the corner, and needless to say, i fishtailed, and ended up on my passenger side.
the worst part about this is that i flipped over right in front of a highschool.....so EVERYONE saw what happened, and so did most of my high school....somehow...

anyways, the truck was a write off, because the frame was rusted so it wouldnt pass the safety after getting repaired.....
so yeah, my dad was PISSED!!

and then i had a minor car accident yesterday.
my friend jess 'stole' my mp3 player from me, so she left the school in her car (a '94 plymouth acclaim) and i chased after her (in my mazda3). adn btw, we had JUST gotten 5 inches of snow, so the roads were really slick.so at the one stop sign i kinda, slid into her
she was pissed....cuz she just get her car like, a week ago.....
her car is fine, but my 3 has a hole in the bumper now behind one of the license plate mounting tabs....
and my parents havent notcied that yet....cuz im leasing, so they'd be pissed!
i feel so bad about hitting my friend jess tho.....

Old 01-20-2007, 01:32 PM

P.S. for my first car accident, with the truck, i also got a Careless driving charge (6 points, $325 fine, 30 day suspension)
which is now lowered to 3points, $125 fine, and no suspension..
woohoo!

Old 01-21-2007, 01:56 AM

That sucks... I just barely got my car back about 2 hrs ago... It looks great! I was really hyped up to see it in one piece, lol. I had a little bit of custom work done, the plastic wood trim didn't look right in the car, so I had them paint it to match the rest of the trim on the instrument cluster, and the two round vents. It looks really great, and a great deal better.

Old 01-21-2007, 05:22 AM

got any pics?

Old 01-22-2007, 05:24 AM

Here's the car after the semi hit me
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...5124/mycar.jpg

These two are from today
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r.../Mazda3005.jpg

This one is the interior, but the silver trim piece looks to bright compared to the rest of the parts, because I used the flash... it looks alot better in person.
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r.../Mazda3002.jpg

I'm extremely happy to finally have it back

Old 01-22-2007, 05:18 PM

ouch....that looks way worse than it sounded..
but im glad to see its as good as new now.

Old 01-22-2007, 05:46 PM

dont you find it kinda weird that headlight cluster remained intact?

Old 01-22-2007, 08:17 PM

Haha... I do! There was a little ladder thing hanging off the side of it that's what dented most of the fender and ripped off the hood. I had to get the headlight replaced though, because it broke off from the radiator housing. You can't really see it, but on the pillar on the driver's side, there's a dent from the back part nearly going over the car before the back tires hit my door and pushed the car back out...

My uncle is the one who fixed it.. he showed me the old door frame and showed me how easily they're dented...I don't really know the strength of the reinforcement bars, you can kind of see it in the picture, going diagonal near the bottom of the door.

Makes me seriously consider having the side airbags installed.

Old 01-22-2007, 09:54 PM

wow he did a good job. The car looks new, and I guess you opted for red this time. I hope that the car doesn't have to go through that ever again.

Quick Reply: I finally get my 3 back