Mazda 323,Mazda 626 & Mazda 929 Whether the compact 323, the mid sized 626, or the full sized 929, these vehicles remain very popular even though production has stopped.

Mazda 323 New owner questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2022, 11:18 AM
Default Mazda 323 New owner questions

Hey so I recently got a 2002 Mazda BJ VI 323 with the 1.4 petrol. It's a bit banged up in the bumpers and fenders and the paintwork could use some work but I absolutely adore the thing and i'd love to try and keep it for as long as possible in the best shape possible.
So I've been searching around and found out that there are some comforts missing, like rear electric seats, speakers in the rear doors, front fog lights, A/C and panoramic roof. From what I can gather all of these were offered as options from the dealer. Also the seats are a bit worn and become uncomfortable in long journeys and right now my most "critical" thing is getting a stereo with 3.5mm or BT because I can't stand another day of radio.
So to sum up I have a couple of questions:
- is there any plug and play stereo for this particular model (can't seem to find one)?
- is it possible to swap the front driver and passenger seat cushions (since im usually driving alone it would fix the uncomfortability for me) or are there any cheap options to replace the seats (all the ones I can find are the originals with different cloth to mine and look disgusting) ?
- is it worth it to try and retro-fit the missing options? If yes, how easy/hard would it be and would it make sense financially?
I know it's a lot to ask but I'm not familiar with Mazdas and it doesn't seem to be a very common car in Portugal where I live and I'm having trouble finding after-market solutions and all the original ones are so beat up.
I could only find scuffed front bumpers, new left front fenders, front fog lights and switches for the electric rear windows (which I don't have).
Any help is appreciated!

This is exactly like mine, but mine's in black

Also apparently there were sportier models like these which I think look really good but I doubt I'd be able to find the bumpers for it

Rear view of sportier version

This one has the rear electric seats, A/C and a stereo like I was looking for. Also seems to be the sportier version

Last edited by FishSmokeChicken; 10-05-2022 at 11:19 AM. Reason: format fix