Mazda 323,Mazda 626 & Mazda 929 Whether the compact 323, the mid sized 626, or the full sized 929, these vehicles remain very popular even though production has stopped.

94 626 spark plug wires from auto zone "what the?"

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 10:33 PM
Default 94 626 spark plug wires from auto zone "what the?"

i'm the guy with the 626 with the spark plugs fouling out from oil leaking in from my valve cover gaskets, so i have been changing spark plugs recently, anyway i broke a wire in the process. unfortunetly you cant buy one wire like you can buy a plug, and these things are expensive. they were $80 at pep boys and i got them for $53 at auto zone(which may have been a mistake), they said they gave me the right wires that are listed in there system for the car, after i tried putting them on and them not fitting. the friggin metal pieces that go to the part of the wires that attaches to the distributer are haggin out like a vultures toenails, and they don't fit right. my wires that were on there have a metal connector piece thats underneath the rubber cap of the wire, the wires from autozone dont,. but the part that attaches to the plug end is fine. anyone got any idea on this one? is it me? or is it autozones cheap version of a mazda sparkplug wire? am i doing something wrong?

thanks
cugene

Old 03-22-2007, 10:19 PM
Default RE: 94 626 spark plug wires from auto zone "what the?"

I liked that one cugene..."vultures toenails".Still chucklilng to myself.
If the metal ends of the plug wires will go ahead and fit into the distributor cap then go ahead and install them and then slide the rubber boots on over the lugs on the distributor. If they are hard to slide then a little spray of silicone lubricant should make them go easier.

Old 03-24-2007, 02:45 PM
Default RE: 94 626 spark plug wires/possible fuel prob?

Yea I've been chuckling alot myself lately, with car problems like this if you don't laugh you will probally start screaming. I never liked trouble shooting anything in any type of repair situation for the one main reason, "the costs that keep adding up", and then possibly not even getting to the base of the problem.

Anyway like I have said before I really appreciate you being there for me. I have one more request on advice and if there is no real pin-pointed solution I may dump the car, cause of its new unreliability with starting.

I may be wrong about the plugs, I mean they did have alot of oil on them and when it first did not start the first time i had theis problem, i changed the plugs and it started. However i did hear a noise underneath the car like air moving when between cranks trying to start it. Then i realized that each time it did not start I had put gas in the car right before shutting it for the day, then when i returned next day it would not start. this happened the last two times i put gas in the car, " i put gas inright at the end of the day before i shut it down for the day, and then the following it would not start", and i heard this noise each time.

This car has a problem with the gas tank, when you put gas in it spits back at you after about 20cents worth and you basically have to put gas in very little at a time when fueling. i bought the car like this in november 06 with the valve covers leaking as well. the guy i bought it from said that neither affected the way the car ran and i belived him cause i had leaky valve covers before and the gas even though it did not go in the tank correctly, it did go in enough to get the tank full after a filling it slowly, so i bought it.

do you think this problem has something to do with the fuel lines or the gas tank problem? does it have anything to do with me leaving the car running while fueling?(i have a habit of doing that). is it possibly a fuel filter problem and are they easy to get to? would the gas tank clog have to be fixed to stop this prolem? I really don't even know why it is clogging to begin with. and the fact that i heard that air noise between cranking when trying to start, is this a fuel line prob?( it sounded like it was a rumble underneath the car more on the driverside, like 2-3 rumbles of air moving after carnking).

any advice at all will aid my situation at this point as i am thinking about getting rid of the car instead of trouble shooting, i mean between th ewies and two different sets of spark plugs i am already down close to $100 and the problem is still there, also i am out of work temp.

as always all the best to you , and thanks
cugene