Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Racing Beat Exhaust system for the 6

Old 09-15-2006, 03:25 PM
Default Racing Beat Exhaust system for the 6

OK. I realize that exhaust tastes vary alot. Some people like it buzzy, some like it smooth and some just like it plain loud! Now, I'm an average 39 year old guy with a wife and 3 kids that just happened to want a daily driver that I could have some fun with. That said, I was leaning to something that had a clean appearance and didn't tell everyone that I had arrived before I was even in sight! I had shopped around and even listened to some sound clips. What struck me immediately about these mufflers was Racing Beat's site. They are just some go-fast Mazda guys that don't B.S. you into buying their parts. They even state on this exhaust system's description "will not produce any harsh, buzzy, tinny, or droning tones". Now, that was music to my ears. The price is nice, too.

Performance increases are modest, but on par with anybody else's. I have read about a number of people that bought other maker's cat-back systems. Racing Beat stated that they had built one, but that the performance increase with a redesigned mid pipe was negligable and did not justify the added cost. I appreciate that kind of honesty. Also, unlike any other that I had come acrossed, these are oval canisters - not just your run of the mill cylindrical jobs.

Now, the fun part. I had been putting a wish list together that included these mufflers. Low and behold last Christmas morning I opened a small box that had the picture of this exhaust on it. I looked at my wonderful wife and she said "Do you like it?" What's not to like! When they finally arrived, I went straight out to the garage, ramped the car and put them on. Installation was a snap with the included all new hardware and gaskets. Fit is very good.

They sounded great then and got even better after they were broken in. They have a great, mellow tone. The sound when blipping downshifts and coming to a stop make me want to drool and combined with my CAI full throttle blasts sound simply incredible! Not overwhelming, just right. The interior noise level does go up a bit, but it's not really noticeable when you are cruising. I do, though, ride with my windows down whenever I can just so that I can fully appreciate them.

Overall, I have been very happy with these. The only negative that I had was that they were not polished up very well out of the box. There was alot of residual flux around the welds. [:'(] I polished it all right off easily with some fine metals polish, but I did not think that I should have had to. Maybe it was just a fluke during a hurried production run. Other than that, the craftsmanship is top notch and I would recommend them highly.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5965/AF4FB7949866435A8BE7F82D17447894.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5965/3365B13B2DC446D1B53A312AE1F52C0C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5965/5C4D93200EC744708CCFC2A4CEC70518.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-29-2006, 06:29 PM
Default RE: Racing Beat Exhaust system for the 6

I think imma look into that. Also from racing beat they have the front and rear sway bars that I want.

Old 10-07-2006, 04:45 PM
Default RE: Racing Beat Exhaust system for the 6

You should try and get us a sound clip of that honey